LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
Hi Guys

I have an export '17 GT, with the 18+ digital cluster. The airbag symbol is always on. Any idea on why this could be? I did put in a new steering wheel, back when I had the old cluster in. Don't remember the symbol being on there. This is the only thing I have touched on the airbag system
I have two childseats in the rear seats. Could it be related to a sensor not registrating weight properly? A faulty fuse? Any thoughts?

IMG_2116.jpg
Sponsored

tangguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
rear seats don't have any sensors. Only the driver and passenger seat does. Did you put in the steering wheel airbag module correctly while replacing the steering wheel? Also is the Digital dash programmed for your car or did you get it from a wrecked car? Its basically a computer so it may have the airbag light stored in it from the earlier car.

OP
OP
LarsenGrind

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
rear seats don't have any sensors. Only the driver and passenger seat does. Did you put in the steering wheel airbag module correctly while replacing the steering wheel? Also is the Digital dash programmed for your car or did you get it from a wrecked car? Its basically a computer so it may have the airbag light stored in it from the earlier car.
Okay, good to know about the rear seats. 😊
Will pull the steering wheel airbag module tomorrow and install again, to make sure thats not the problem.
The cluster was bought as a new set, but they send me the wrong one (US model with MPH, instead of the correct with KPH). And it had some minor scratches on the screen. Only visible in direct sunlight. I've got the correct one, and this one came with the screen 'glas', covered in blue film. So yeah, the first one, might have been used before, but I dont know? 🤷🏼‍♂️
If it's not the airbag module, and it's connected properly, can ForScan tell me what might be the problem?

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Yes, FORScan should give you the code, and hopefully the detailed description as well. Not sure if there's a specific code for each airbag, and each pretensioner. I guess we'll find out with your case :). With so many airbags, the latest being between the front seats, hopefully new codes were assigned. We'll see. Good luck.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra