5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
I'm not a huge fan of chrome/silver, but damn Blue, you sure have pulled it off well with what you've done.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not a huge fan of chrome/silver, but damn Blue, you sure have pulled it off well with what you've done.
100% agree with this, I definitely wouldn't have tried it on my car at all but his came together nicely. Bet it doesn't look like that up there now though!

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Thanks, guys. It took a while to build it up to the image in my head, but it all came together eventually. As for what it looks like right now, this was a couple weeks ago:

49035635073_98c2bbb1b5_b.jpg

It hasn't yet gotten to the point it was at last winter:

46812138322_2f74072e3d_b.jpg

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
BBBBbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Two of mine from when I cleaned it up prior to Thanksgiving, even took time to do the wheels again! Another shot from about a week ago, from the second floor when I got this nice sunrise shot!

IMG_20191124_071046.jpg
IMG_20191128_122335.jpg
IMG_20191128_122313.jpg
IMG_20191124_070408.jpg

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Time to eat some crow....!!!!
I have long since been a fan of the AC Cobra kit car in Guardsman Blue with white stripes. I placed an order for my '19 Shelby and picked the closest color available to the Guardsman blue. Having done a lot of research, I really thought the Deep Impact Blue (DIB) was going to be the closest to the Guardsman blue, but that was no longer available.
I settled on the Ford Performance Blue as being the closest.
I posted the picture below of what I thought was a (DIB) next to my '19 Performance blue in the DIB thread.
The owner of the car next to mine did not know what the name of the color of his car was... he bought it used.
I thought it was DIB. It was actually Lightning Blue...!!!!!!!
It wasn't until fellow forum member "Jeff's FRC" pointed out that the vehicle that I parked next to was probably a "Lightning Blue" car, and I was now in a quandary... did I post bogus info?
I called the owner of the car in the photo, who I really don't know well, and asked what year his car was... he indicated 2017.
A quick search yielded that the blue had to be Lightning Blue.
Time to finally place the photo in the correct thread:

2 Blue Shelbys.jpg

You can find the original post in the "Deep Impact Blue" thread... but if you read it, just replace the correct color as you read through it.

You know, Crow kinda tastes like Chicken.... needs some wing sauce though!
(Thanks to Jeff's FRC for the correction)
The knowledge on this forum is great.

Last edited:

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
@Nagare unfortunately for probably the first time in my life, I did not come to SoFlo for Christmas because I started a new job 3 weeks ago. I'll text you the next time I will down (no clue when). I swear the 106 you are parked in front looks like a place near my dad's in Rio Vista, is it on Ponce de Leon Dr? Anyways, the car is looking good :)

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
@Nagare unfortunately for probably the first time in my life, I did not come to SoFlo for Christmas because I started a new job 3 weeks ago. I'll text you the next time I will down (no clue when). I swear the 106 you are parked in front looks like a place near my dad's in Rio Vista, is it on Ponce de Leon Dr? Anyways, the car is looking good :)
Happy for you man! Great news to end the year because I know you were looking for it for awhile now, hope it's great.

It's in Dania Beach, my mom's new place. Right off Griffin, west of 95.

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
That's where I saw those! My brother used to own a surf shop on Dania Beach Blvd...till the aholes that bought the little strip mall kicked everyone out..was called Groove Surf and Skate. Yes, so far the new job is really awesome...I'm an IT Manager for a brand new hotel that is opening in a month and a half... and the people love that I'm there and greatly appreciate me...the exact opposite of the old job!

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
So, I need some others to weigh in on something I've been sort of considering now. Remember how I used to have the red accent stripe around the front splitter and rocker panels? With the Cervini's chin it doesn't fit as well in my eyes and on the painted rocker it doesn't either. But what about these quick photoshop jobs?

mirrors.png

front 2.png

front.png

all red.png

If just the mirrors wins out, I'd just need to convince @bjstang / his wife we need to swap :p Otherwise, wrap to make sure they end up the same color.

edit » bonus with no mirrors just in case

image (8).png

Last edited:

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
@Nagare, in the pic with just the mirror, my first reaction is, "Hey, that guy broke his mirror and the only one in the junkyard that would fit was a red one." When you add more red trim, that makes it look like an actual color scheme and not just an accident. So, my vote is for the last pic.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
@Nagare, in the pic with just the mirror, my first reaction is, "Hey, that guy broke his mirror and the only one in the junkyard that would fit was a red one." When you add more red trim, that makes it look like an actual color scheme and not just an accident. So, my vote is for the last pic.
Fair point and I guess I should have been more thorough and done the other mirror there too (going back and updating now)! That's always been my "problem" with black/carbon hoods/fenders too honestly, just looks like like junkyard stuff or that it hasn't been painted yet.

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
No way with just the mirrors...it's still as @Blue Moon says...it will look like you broke two and went to the junkyard! As I see it in the pics, I don't like any of it (sorry). Maybe if you had red hood vents, but like it is, I don't know.
Sponsored