Sponsored

Lighted mirrors on a BASE car

redfire07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang
The door panel removal is a lot harder than they make it look... The clips ford put in these are a pain
Sponsored

SlowRed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red GT
Sub'd been pondering this for a little while

Alloy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 EB
Yup, as soon as someone can get this to work, those mirrors will be my next purchase.

Asonitez

I go 71 in a 70 *REBEL*
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT Premium
Yup, as soon as someone can get this to work, those mirrors will be my next purchase.
Same here! Subbed.. Its a pricey foray but I wish someone could produce harnesses that make getting these aftermarket parts easier to install.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BlackPP

BlackPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Black Performance Package Base GT
Let me work on getting the mirrors working then I will work with my Ford guy to make some sort of harness. I have a mechanical engineer friend who is good with wiring too that is going to help me with this project. Been busy this weekend with honey dos, school work and family. Plus the rain has kept me inside too.

SlowRed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red GT
Appreciate the update

OP
OP
BlackPP

BlackPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
I will have all day Saturday to put time into the mirror...

OP
OP
BlackPP

BlackPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
The door panel is ready to come off today when I get home. Last two weeks have been ran and flood filled so no time to get outside in the rain to pull a door panel. Would have had it pulled and checked out yesterday but a girl scout party and homework finished off my day. My Daughter's year end GS party. All the bolts are out and the door switches were reinstalled but the bolt is out. Literally it is ready to be pulled when I get home today. I am hopeful that the wiring is there but since the illuminated door sill wiring was not I am sure this is another part that will have me doing some wiring.

BULL1TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT, 2001 Bullitt
The wiring is not there. I installed pony projector lights into my base mirrors and there was no wiring. The only wires were the ones for the power mirror motors.

Sponsored

tritran18518

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base
The wiring is not there. I installed pony projector lights into my base mirrors and there was no wiring. The only wires were the ones for the power mirror motors.
how did you install your pony light ? do you have any pics ? Thanks in advance.

BULL1TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
how did you install your pony light ? do you have any pics ? Thanks in advance.
I used a dremel and a small file to cut the hole in the bottom of the mirror housing. I used projectors from a '14 mustang so I had to trim the bracing inside of the mirror but that should not be necessary if you use a 15 projector as they are angled differently. The '14 projectors were $36 vs almost $200 for the 15 projectors. I tapped into the dome light wiring and ran 1 wire through the plastic door connector and ground the light to the door itself. The only pic I have is the bottom of the housing.

tritran18518

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base
I used a dremel and a small file to cut the hole in the bottom of the mirror housing. I used projectors from a '14 mustang so I had to trim the bracing inside of the mirror but that should not be necessary if you use a 15 projector as they are angled differently. The '14 projectors were $36 vs almost $200 for the 15 projectors. I tapped into the dome light wiring and ran 1 wire through the plastic door connector and ground the light to the door itself. The only pic I have is the bottom of the housing.

Thank so much. BTW, how did you find dome light wire ?

BULL1TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank so much. BTW, how did you find dome light wire ?
I actually hooked it into the wiring at the dome light itself. I also installed ambient lighting that is hooked to the dome light as well. They are hooked to a switch that I put in the dome light housing that allows me to turn off the dome lights but the ambient lighting and the pony projection light still come on when the door is opened or the car is unlocked.

OP
OP
BlackPP

BlackPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Yep, there are 3 wires there for the mirror and that is it. I will need a day to get the projection done as well as the turn signals, or I will just call it and leave it be for now.

3 wires

I will leave this for a little while so I can focus on getting my premium rear bumper cover and Roush dual exhaust setup installed before I do any more interior and exterior mods before HP increases. Figured Ford would have helped us out by at least putting the complete mirror harness in there but NO!

The biggest pain in the ass is the handle cable.

Sponsored