Lighted mirrors on a BASE car

BlackPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Black Performance Package Base GT
I have recently bought and received today a premium mirror with turn signal, puddle light and blind spot monitoring. No Idea if the BSM will work without a lot of other items but my main goal is to get the turn signals and puddle lights working for sure.

I will update as I get things figured out. I need to find wiring diagrams now. Have my Ford sales/tech guy working on the wiring diagrams now.

Lots of wires there...
Sponsored

j0weave6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Guard
Good luck! I plan on doing the same. Mostly just for the turn signal in the mirror. Look forward to seeing the progress.

OP
OP
BlackPP

BlackPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
I hope to borrow a power probe to find out what wires do what then go from there. Hopefully this will move along quickly and I will have results shortly.

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
I have also been interested in doing this. Was the harness for the mirror there or are you going to have to run all the wires?

Sponsored

OP
OP
BlackPP

BlackPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
I have also been interested in doing this. Was the harness for the mirror there or are you going to have to run all the wires?
I have not been able to pull the door panel off yet to even just plug it into the wiring that is there to see what works and what doesn't.

Need to find a post that explains how to pull the door panels off.

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
I have not been able to pull the door panel off yet to even just plug it into the wiring that is there to see what works and what doesn't.

Need to find a post that explains how to pull the door panels off.
If i am not mistaken there is a post here on stereo upgrading and someone shows a step by step of how to remove the door panel.

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Did you buy them new or used from another member? I would love to have at least the puddle lights and signals as well. And color doesn't even matter much because I can always wrap or dip them.

Alloy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 EB
Subbed. INterested in just the signals as well. But looking at the mirrors, I would need to locate a mirror that is similar in size to what the non BSM has an mount it to the upper corner. I do actually use that little mirror.

But as the guy above stated, it would be helpful if there was a wiring harness that could be purchased and adapted, espscially if the BSM mirror doesn't just plug into the stock non BSM factory wiring.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BlackPP

BlackPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
If i am not mistaken there is a post here on stereo upgrading and someone shows a step by step of how to remove the door panel.

Yep, I found that but no pictures come across here at work anymore. I have emailed myself the link so I can check it out at home later.

OP
OP
BlackPP

BlackPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Subbed. INterested in just the signals as well. But looking at the mirrors, I would need to locate a mirror that is similar in size to what the non BSM has an mount it to the upper corner. I do actually use that little mirror.

But as the guy above stated, it would be helpful if there was a wiring harness that could be purchased and adapted, espscially if the BSM mirror doesn't just plug into the stock non BSM factory wiring.

If the BSM doesn't work without some major wiring I am betting the mirror glass will unclip from either mirror and clip onto the other. Basically the non-BSM mirror glass will likely clip onto the Lighted/BSM mirror if that functionality doesn't work. I will verify this as well. If I cannot get the BSM to work I will want my manual BS secondary mirror there instead.

OP
OP
BlackPP

BlackPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Did you buy them new or used from another member? I would love to have at least the puddle lights and signals as well. And color doesn't even matter much because I can always wrap or dip them.
I found them on eBay for $180.00 shipped. Not sure where they are coming from but the only driver side one I found had a small crack in the black plastic around the actual mirror glass. These without the cover are around $500.00 each new from Ford.

I was OK with buying the harder to get driver side one and testing out the mirror for functionality and ability to switch the mirror glass if the BSM needs more extensive work to make it function.

I will keep everyone up to date as I get stuff done on this... I am excited to be able to get some of the premium items without having to get a premium car.

OP
OP
BlackPP

BlackPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
This video will prove very nice...

[ame]

Actually I already know how to do it after seeing it one time. I should be able to test today pending weather in the area.

The Mustang lives outside unfortunately.
Sponsored