Let's talk about FORScan

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
I'd like to be able to tweak my stereo a bit and it seems FORScan is the way to do it. Can someone provide more info on what's involved with it? Looking online, it seems to be a subscription program...is this the correct one?

Next question would be warranty...I take it that it kills any warranty work for the OEM head deck; would it void anything else? I'm really only worried about the PCM/ECU.

Finally, would a simple OBDII adapter to USB work? I see they make some that are wireless...what are the pros/cons for both?
Sponsored

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
I’ve never heard of it killing the warranty. You’d have to be an idiot or extremely unlucky to be in a situation where you can’t reset your head unit to factory specs before relevant service

Stangalang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' GT Altas Blue
When using the software you should always make a backup before making a change. There are spreadsheets that have specific things to turn on/off based upon what you want. It's super easy, just have to make sure you know what your doing. There are YT videos on mostly F150s and so-on. But it can used similarly.

I'm not near a PC at the moment, but their are 2 spreadsheets out there for the Mustang (depending on generation) to toggle on/off things. I usually turn off the double honk crap. Annoying as hell.

I believe the Ford Scan forum has it as well if you need it sooner than later.

OP
OP
joe603

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
I guess I was worried that any changes would be logged and able to been seen by Ford if I ever needed warranty work. Really I just want to disable the EQ...maybe enable typing while driving...stuff like that.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Please disconnect your center speaker, fade most of the sound to the front, and turn down the bass on your OEM subwoofer before going after Forscan. I have posted this advice on many threads; most all have confirmed the improvement. Free sound upgrade!

Sponsored

OP
OP
joe603

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
Please disconnect your center speaker, fade most of the sound to the front, and turn down the bass on your OEM subwoofer before going after Forscan. I have posted this advice on many threads; most all have confirmed the improvement. Free sound upgrade!
I have an aftermarket setup. Pulled center speaker, replaced all others, 2 amp, custom amp rack, 2-12" subs, pulled OEM sub.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I have an aftermarket setup. Pulled center speaker, replaced all others, 2 amp, custom amp rack, 2-12" subs, pulled OEM sub.
Nevermind then. :crackup:
Carry on.
Sponsored