Lengthy Wait Time for a VIN

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
This "chip shortage" is a bunch of bunk. Do what Elon Musk is doing and modify the design to utilize chips that *are* available.... I mean, they used to change the cars up almost entirely every single year until around the mid-70's.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Edjuerg

Edjuerg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang V6, 2022 Mustang GT premium P.P.
So much justified frustration. Ford doesn't really do a good job at keeping dealerships and the consumer base updated. I called Ford using the phone number on their website, and the lady said they were unaware of the Flat Rock plant being temporarily at idle. They're just screwing people for no reason at this point, I feel. Had I know there would be this much unnecessary trouble, I would've reconsidered. Why pay this kind of money when the company drags its feet every step of the way.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I ordered a 22 Black California Special W/Performance Package on Feb 15th and I didn't even get the confirmation email. I called Ford and they said they received the order but no email or anything. I just wish they would let me build and price it so I can actually see it!
Who did you order it from? Do you have a copy or screen shot of the WBDO or DORA with your Order # Dealer Code and Priority # ? Did you sign anything with the price spelled out and make a deposit and sign anything?

You should have received an email the same day they placed the order if it was actually a "customer order" and there is a $1000 off on all customer orders placed before April 4th. Make sure they know you know this too.

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yup, I got my email within minutes of leaving the dealership to place my order, and I received the $1,000 rebate for ordering it.

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I just added NAV on my 700A, HP, EG, A10, Mach 1 order and they sent me a screen shot of the updated WBDO and saw "Unscheduled - Clean" so I guess Handling Pack & Eruption Green is no longer a "late availability" issues.

Sponsored

Deric121

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Deric
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Gt
Who did you order it from? Do you have a copy or screen shot of the WBDO or DORA with your Order # Dealer Code and Priority # ? Did you sign anything with the price spelled out and make a deposit and sign anything?

You should have received an email the same day they placed the order if it was actually a "customer order" and there is a $1000 off on all customer orders placed before April 4th. Make sure they know you know this too.

I appreciate all the information! I'll let them know about the $1000 and I'll probably use it to cancel our the B&O upgrade I'm about to put on. I attached the order preview(It's not the signed one of course but I did sign it and send it back)

Attachments

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I appreciate all the information! I'll let them know about the $1000 and I'll probably use it to cancel our the B&O upgrade I'm about to put on. I attached the order preview(It's not the signed one of course but I did sign it and send it back)
Nice, if I hadn't been able to get the A10 trans in the Mach 1, I would have bought your same car spec minus the Cal Special, but with the automatic in Eruption Green. Then I'd make it into a Cal Special.

Deric121

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Deric
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Gt
Nice, if I hadn't been able to get the A10 trans in the Mach 1, I would have bought your same car spec minus the Cal Special, but with the automatic in Eruption Green. Then I'd make it into a Cal Special.
Those Mach 1's are very nice!

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)

luke1333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra

Where is more info on the $1000 off customer orders? I did not get that email and placed my order February 22nd

Sponsored

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Where is more info on the $1000 off customer orders? I did not get that email and placed my order February 22nd
For info on the discount, Click the blue link in my previous post. By the way, The $1000 Off does Not Apply to GT500 or Mach1.

If you didn't get an email from Ford, check your junk mail folder. If it isn't there, your car probably isn't ordered, or wasn't ordered in Your Name. Did you put down a deposit? Contact the dealer, and get copies of the WBDO or DORA, with YOUR Name on them. Then have them contact Ford and find out why you didn't receive the email.

luke1333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra
For info on the discount, Click the blue link in my previous post. By the way, The $1000 Off does Not Apply to GT500 or Mach1.

If you didn't get an email from Ford, check your junk mail folder. If it isn't there, your car probably isn't ordered, or wasn't ordered in Your Name. Did you put down a deposit? Contact the dealer, and get copies of the WBDO or DORA, with YOUR Name on them. Then have them contact Ford and find out why you didn't receive the email.
Yes I checked those and the email confirming my order was forwarded to me from salesman and had correct name on them. I did put $500 for the custom order. Guess I need to send them an email and see what's up. Maybe they send to their email so the customer doesn't see the rebate? Also car was just ordered so no vin yet that wouldn't matter or anything correct?

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
You'll get a VIN when it gets scheduled. They should have gotten your email when you signed the order, but yes, give it to them and ask them to have Ford send you the confirmation. Guessing you are getting a GT, because the $1000 doesn't cover Mach 1.

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
I ordered a 22 Black California Special W/Performance Package on Feb 15th
I ordered my 22 black unspecial non-performance package GT convertible on Feb 15 as well.

We should have a contest to see who gets theirs first. Loser gets to do doughnuts in the winner's car.

Wait, no... eh, maybe not. :facepalm:

I'm in Cary, ordered the car through Chapman. Where are you at, Deric?

Deric121

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Deric
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Gt
I ordered my 22 black unspecial non-performance package GT convertible on Feb 15 as well.

We should have a contest to see who gets theirs first. Loser gets to do doughnuts in the winner's car.

Well I had to reorder it at a dealership closer to me. I ordered in PA where I'm from so my family member could get the commission but he's getting a different job. I reorderd on March 4th so you'll probably beat me! I'm in Princeton I ordered in Apex at Crossroads Ford. Sorry it took so long apparently I forget to actually send the message lol.
Sponsored