Sponsored

Lengthy Wait Time for a VIN

Edjuerg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang V6, 2022 Mustang GT premium P.P.
I ordered my 2022 Mustang GT Premium w/ the Performance Package on January 10th of this year (received the order confirmation the same day). Might anyone have an idea as to why it is taking so long to receive a VIN number? My priority code is still 10, with the build/order being clean but unscheduled. I can't get a straight answer from my dealer.
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Bear in mind that Flat Rock is currently down for 3 weeks. This time its not due to the chip shortage, but work is being carried out on upgrades......so there's bound to be quite a delay on builds and VIN allocation :)

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Flat rock is on a 3 week shutdown at the moment, so that might have something to do with it

Call_Me_Bruce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, Toyota Avalon,
I ordered mine on 15-Nov-21 and have not gotten a VIN yet. Don't know the method to their madness. To be fair, I ordered Eruption Green which is a late availability color.

The plant being down for the next 2 full weeks, I'm sure has something to do with it. I think FoMoCo is prolly going to build a batch of Mach 1's and GT500's when the plant comes back online then start building the garden variety GT's and Ecoboosts. BTW, my order is for a garden variety GT. So realistically, I'm thinking April sometime for my order. We'll see....

OP
OP
Edjuerg

Edjuerg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Bear in mind that Flat Rock is currently down for 3 weeks. This time its not due to the chip shortage, but work is being carried out on upgrades......so there's bound to be quite a delay on builds and VIN allocation :)
howdy! I've searched that up to see if there's any additional information regarding factory idle. All I'm seeing is stuff about the temporary idle that occurred January 19 of this year. Could that be the same thing you're talking about?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Edjuerg

Edjuerg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
I ordered mine on 15-Nov-21 and have not gotten a VIN yet. Don't know the method to their madness. To be fair, I ordered Eruption Green which is a late availability color.

The plant being down for the next 2 full weeks, I'm sure has something to do with it. I think FoMoCo is prolly going to build a batch of Mach 1's and GT500's when the plant comes back online then start building the garden variety GT's and Ecoboosts. BTW, my order is for a garden variety GT. So realistically, I'm thinking April sometime for my order. We'll see....
Howdy! Maaaaan Eruption Green is cool; I bet you're super excited. It's utter bologna, however, that you've waited this long and haven't even received your VIN. I feel like Ford only has ridiculous excuses at this point (pardon my cynical POV on the matter).

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota Tacoma

cool592

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (Order)
I ordered a white ecoboost vert on 12/27 and its still unscheduled. At this point i dont think ill get it til May: if they schedule it the first week they are back it wont be scheduled to be built until at least late April, then it has to be built, then it has to be shipped (which seems like it takes around a month). So, May would be the best case scenario for someone like me. 😢

OP
OP
Edjuerg

Edjuerg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
I ordered a white ecoboost vert on 12/27 and its still unscheduled. At this point i dont think ill get it til May: if they schedule it the first week they are back it wont be scheduled to be built until at least late April, then it has to be built, then it has to be shipped (which seems like it takes around a month). So, May would be the best case scenario for someone like me. 😢
Hopefully you get your pony ASAP, king. With how things are going, it's possible that I won't get mine until July or August. Waiting up to eight months would be such a load of BS.

Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
There a bunch of people that ordered Handling Pack Mach 1's from as far back as May 2021, and had to reorder 2022's in December, that are just now getting build dates for mid to late April. Those of us who ordered our 2022 M1 Handling Pack cars, without a canceled 2021 order are going to waiting even longer from what it looks like. My 11/29/21 order I'm hoping gets built in May, but I'm not holding my breath.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Best Wishes to Everyone. Hopefully once Flat Rock brings production back on-line, we'll start seeing some clarification on dates/orders. If they came back and told me a date of production, any date, I'd be happy with that versus not hearing anything. :fingerscrossed:

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
Best Wishes to Everyone. Hopefully once Flat Rock brings production back on-line, we'll start seeing some clarification on dates/orders. If they came back and told me a date of production, any date, I'd be happy with that versus not hearing anything. :fingerscrossed:
The not having a date is what is really killing me. I ordered months ago to have it for when it warms up. If I don’t have a date when it is driving weather it will be hard not to go with an alternate on the lot.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
There a bunch of people that ordered Handling Pack Mach 1's from as far back as May 2021, and had to reorder 2022's in December, that are just now getting build dates for mid to late April. Those of us who ordered our 2022 M1 Handling Pack cars, without a canceled 2021 order are going to waiting even longer from what it looks like. My 11/29/21 order I'm hoping gets built in May, but I'm not holding my breath.
My HP order is from October, and my dealer told me to expect it around June(ish). Im hoping for the May part of "ish".

Deric121

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Deric
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Gt
I ordered a 22 Black California Special W/Performance Package on Feb 15th and I didn't even get the confirmation email. I called Ford and they said they received the order but no email or anything. I just wish they would let me build and price it so I can actually see it!
Sponsored