Sponsored

Lease Buyout

fordracerguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FJG M1
Hey guys

I have a '16 EcoBoost, fully loaded with the Performance Package, auto trans, Sync 3, Shaker audio system, BLIS, and security package. The car currently has 38k miles. I have two weeks before my lease is up. I'm not really in a position to lease another, and I am strongly considering purchasing it. I absolutely love this car.

I performed a compression test this weekend, and changed the plugs to some NGK 6510'[email protected]. If anything, the new plugs have gotten rid of a super mild, occasional engine shimmy at idle. The compression numbers were 142, 145, 142, 138. Please know that the engine block was luke warm, because it took me a while to get to the parts store. That, and the fact that the 138 cylinder was the last to test. Maybe it cooled down some?

Do these numbers seem okay? Also, the buyout is $20,500. Is that a decent price? Or should I try to negotiate with the lease company?
IMG_1404.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

16EcomustangDIB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Camaro SS1LE
Those numbers are good and consistent with each other, your plugs look good and i think your engine is heathy. I think you should buy the car and negotiate on the price. If you look around you'll find that used ecoboost goes for around that much. One great thing about buying your lease is that you know how you treated the car (hopefully you treated it right).

prostovovatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Ecoboost Manual Performance Pack
I would negotiate that price. look up what used 16's are selling for today on autotrader and cars.com and aim for a few hundred below that

OP
OP

fordracerguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FJG M1
I have some sad news... I was told that because this was a company lease (although I am listed as the co-leasee) I cannot buy the car directly into my own name. Ford treats it as another party owning it. What a bunch of crap. I do not want to buy a new one, nor do I want to buy a used one. I babied my car, know all the history, and now I can't buy it...

Last edited:

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Not sure about your lease, mine through Nissan was completely separate from Nissan. Found that out when I turned in, among alot of other issues. Nissan leasing company held all the cards.

Wasn't bad, just an eye opener. Reason I mention this is you maybe able to deal with them direct in your purchase. They need to move these cars, and move them quickly. Every month they are losing 300 dollars in value.

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I have some sad news... I was told that because this was a company lease (although I am listed as the co-leasee) I cannot buy the car directly into my own name. Ford treats it as another party owning it. What a bunch of crap. I do not want to buy a new one, nor do I want to buy a used one. I babied my car, know all the history, and now I can't buy it...
Ya I get that, but man go test drive a 19, the 10 speed is amazing. And if you can find one I highly recommend magneride. If you like it then just pick up a gently used 18. It's not what you wanted but now you know your options time to go have some fun.

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
OP, when your co. turns it in and the dealer puts it up sale why can’t you buy it like any other person?

1320INC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange GT
Most lease turn ins go straight to the auction or the Ford dealer only auction and bought by another dealer where they are given a 1-5 rating and guaranteed. Your car would probably be a 4 from the way you describe.

OP
OP

fordracerguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FJG M1
I was able to purchase the car today. I called ford credit, and they put me on hold for a fair amount of time. The lady was talking to a senior person who said since I was the guarantor I could indeed purchase the vehicle. I had them put a note on my account. I called the dealership and said they were wrong. Long story short, I was able to sign docs today. Learned a bit more about the whole “process”.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Yes that's good, just proves that all the information you get needs to be double checked. Whether in person, or on the net. Enjor the car
Sponsored