JoeyRamone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
Skoda VRS
Hi Folks

Does anyone on here have inside knowledge on the lead time for ordering a new GT in the UK, I have been told between 6 and 8 months but not sure if this is realistic or not?

Looking at ordering one soon and happy to wait until next summer but don't want it to drag on longer than that, also second hand prices looking high at the moment so not really a viable option for me

Thanks
Sponsored

Tin O' Spam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks

Does anyone on here have inside knowledge on the lead time for ordering a new GT in the UK, I have been told between 6 and 8 months but not sure if this is realistic or not?

Looking at ordering one soon and happy to wait until next summer but don't want it to drag on longer than that, also second hand prices looking high at the moment so not really a viable option for me

Thanks

Sounds about right to me. I ordered mine mid-February 2019, and received it late June 2019 (although there were shenanigans that affected that lead time, so DEFINITELY don't take that as an accurate impression!). Given the whole situation with the semiconductors and the 'rona, 6-8 sounds reasonable as an estimate.

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ford had a gas leak in one of their plants and chip supply issues, so who knows 🤷‍♂️

Maybe see if there are any cancelled orders you could nab ?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn’t trust any lead time provided to you by a manufacturer at the moment …

Guy at work has an Range Rover on order. It should have been here already - first delay was towards the end of the year (letter even quoted prioritisation of hybrids before his pure IC engine), second delay letter arrived at weekend forecasting September …

2022 … ! :frown:

WD :like:

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
That's one way to hit your emissions targets, stop selling cars 😂

Sponsored

OP
OP

JoeyRamone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
Skoda VRS
Had an update from the dealer on Friday as I have put my deposit down now, "no build date from Ford yet"

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hi Folks

Thanks
I've a 69 plate, 8000 mile, manual GT, silver, black roof, cp2 pack, black wheels etc. Always been garaged, yours for £41k no haggling as getting offers from dealers for £500 less. No scuffs, dents etc. Also has service pack with 2 services remaining.
I would rather sell to a person than a dealer as I always take care of my cars

OP
OP

JoeyRamone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
Skoda VRS
Thanks Wenklaw but I am after an auto and have now put a deposit down

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Thanks Wenklaw but I am after an auto and have now put a deposit down
Just curious but have you driven the 10 speed auto? I'm not slating it by any means but coming from DCT M2 it felt umm how can i put it, a little underwhelming in comparison so went manual GT.

To be honest I'm not sure if I'm ready to sell up, I go through phases, if you had said yes I would have held up on my offer though. Ive a £2k deposit on a Emira and it really makes sense for me to sell the GT while values are as strong as they are however I've no idea when Lotus will start production and even then actual delivery could be mid/end of next year!!! Oh and I nearly forgot, how much over the base £60k they are realistically going to be.

Harebear72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT Fastback
I have a colleague that her and her partner have ordered a new Puma and a new Focus - both as part of Ford options - Both cars have been estimated to be Feb 2022 (but could be longer) seeing what other manufacturers are doing I personally don't think ANY new car is going to be here for at least 6 months plus.

Sponsored
OP
OP

JoeyRamone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
Skoda VRS
Thanks Wenklaw but the Mustang will be my daily so need an auto

BTW my current car is a Lotus :cool: which I will be keeping

OP
OP

JoeyRamone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
Skoda VRS
Yes looks like it may be a long wait, I'm hoping for March 2022, fingers crossed

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Good choice !
Recent news about pricing has ruled out the Emira V6 for me at £76k, although I always knew it would be in excess of my budget so the AMG sourced 2 litre 4 pot was always going to be the one for me. I would think the first edition 2 litre will be below £70k but I ideally need it to be the right side of £65k which is looking unlikely but we will see, fingers crossed.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Recent news about pricing has ruled out the Emira V6 for me at £76k, although I always knew it would be in excess of my budget so the AMG sourced 2 litre 4 pot was always going to be the one for me. I would think the first edition 2 litre will be below £70k but I ideally need it to be the right side of £65k which is looking unlikely but we will see, fingers crossed.
I have also paid my deposit. i4 base spec car will be £60k and it isn't too striped out. The only problem is that I don't think there is any chance of getting one before 2024.
Sponsored