Launch Control not working....? Need Help

texas347

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Please chime in if I'm doing something wrong - I have the 1/2 mile event coming up this weekend here in Texas and just tried launch control today for the 1st time.

Checked the box on the screen to activate, have rpm's set to 4000 but when I stop and press the accelerator the engine is not stopping at 4K.... It just keeps revving. Anybody have any thoughts? I'm in drag mode on the drive mode selector and "LC" is up on the display... car just won't hold at the 4K launch rpms.
Sponsored

OP
OP

texas347

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
May have just read the answer while searching .... apparently you have to mat the throttle all the way down quickly... if you don't floor it quickly and all the way, it doesn't work. I'll have to give that a try...

Blue Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZL1 1LE, GT350, Ford RS, F350 Dually, Explorer
[ame]

RenegadeUnlimited

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Euros and Fords
Another super important tip:

When your ready to lift your foot off the clutch, do it at a "lightning fast speed". Don't be gentle here with this action. Be blunt and quick.

Hope this helps:

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
Thats the question I typed earlier... but it looks like I didnt submit... so dont be gentle with it, just drop it, let 'er rip?

Sponsored

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
Also I have found that using the track apps, LC , or the 0/60 ext. if the car moves in the least little bit it once engaged the app you're on cancels.

tonio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Mine didn't engage till I literally stomped it once out of frustration at the track, i was shocked when it held the RPMs at 4000.. i tried it at least 10 times before that and apparently i was being too gentle..

stang302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I remember reading that 6 grand is where you want to launch these cars.

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Please chime in if I'm doing something wrong - I have the 1/2 mile event coming up this weekend here in Texas and just tried launch control today for the 1st time.

Checked the box on the screen to activate, have rpm's set to 4000 but when I stop and press the accelerator the engine is not stopping at 4K.... It just keeps revving. Anybody have any thoughts? I'm in drag mode on the drive mode selector and "LC" is up on the display... car just won't hold at the 4K launch rpms.
You will launch better without LC. It cuts power to deal with wheel spin. Best to focus on practicing launching with all the nannies disabled.

Scott z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt manual
I can't get the LC TO EVEN POP UP ON MY SCREEN.. HELP ME..