Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
image2.JPG

image1.JPG

Hopefully everyone can see these pictures, it is truly a piece of art. I have been trying to figure it out for a couple hours at work :headbonk:. Anyway, after weeks of waiting, I finally got the first prototype knob from lathe werks. I have not physically held the knob yet but according to my room mate, "It's beefy". It should weigh near a lb probably slightly less. I will hopefully have it installed and take more pictures later tonight. There are a ton of customizable options with these including leather wraps, different knob shapes, delrin exterior grips, colors and more. While I don't particularly mind the typical billiard type knobs a lot of people are opting for, I really wanted something a bit heavier and truly custom. Initially I planned on going through Raceseng, a company local to my home town, but they disappointingly, ditched the idea. I will get back on later tonight for a full review, for now I have to sit at work and wait until quitting time. :frusty:
Sponsored

OP
OP

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I got the first knob from them awhile back. I've had 3 from previous cara. Cant beat his quality
You already got one? He lied to me then lol. Not that I really care about having the first one, just embarrassing to say I was when I wasn't. He even went on to say that he hoped the dimensions were correct. Perhaps its just this particular knob design. Oh well :shrug:. The quality definitely looks awesome!

OP
OP

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Looks amazing! Any idea when they will be releasing? Any photos of the different options? Would love to get one in Bronze color
Capture.jpg

Not sure when they will officially put them up on the site, but you should be able to email them like I did and he'll give you instructions on how to place the order. Here's a link as well to the Focus ST Knobs which are very close to ours and essentially what you have to choose from.

http://lathewerks.com/shop/index.php?cPath=41_67

Sponsored

OP
OP

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Well it's not letting me post pictures through my phone but here's my review after install. This particular knob sits slightly high for my tastes. I might suggest to them to cut about an 1/8" off the bottom. Fit, finish and quality are top notch. The knob is absolutely gorgeous. Unfortunately I don't own an accurate scale but the weight is definitely noticeable. Shifts are ridiculously smooth! No notchiness what-so-ever! I can literally make the gear changes with one finger. I love the feeling of it in my hand when shifting wot. It might be better to use this knob at the track and a spherical knob for daily use. Also found out I get a small commission for anybody that wants one, just mention my name. Honestly had no idea until I got home tonight and read the letter. As for lining the knob up on the threads they have a small Allen screw inside the knob which you simply turn one way or the other to get the knob at the right height and the etching lined up if you happen to opt for a shift pattern or something. Overall I'm super happy with it and it was definitely worth the money and wait.

OP
OP

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
image.jpg

Sorry for the crappy phone pic

Super Werty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT
Looks amazing! Any idea when they will be releasing? Any photos of the different options? Would love to get one in Bronze color
I believe the guy is a one man operation and only builds to order. I had one on my 370z. Nicest knob I've ever seen/held.

I'll be doing something custom from him again for the mustang.

Grim_Reaper

'Merica
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylon
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special 10-spd
I believe the guy is a one man operation and only builds to order. I had one on my 370z. Nicest knob I've ever seen/held.

I'll be doing something custom from him again for the mustang.
Good to know! I believe I will be sending in an order for custom black w/silver painted pattern and burnt bronze base to match my wheels.

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
You already got one? He lied to me then lol. Not that I really care about having the first one, just embarrassing to say I was when I wasn't. He even went on to say that he hoped the dimensions were correct. Perhaps its just this particular knob design. Oh well :shrug:. The quality definitely looks awesome!
Lol

First mod on every car has been his shift knob so as soon as I got it home I took measurements and gave it to him.

It's a great improvement.

OP
OP

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Lol

First mod on every car has been his shift knob so as soon as I got it home I took measurements and gave it to him.

It's a great improvement.
Haha it's all good man. He did mention he got measurements elsewhere. He might of sounded slightly unsure of it, as I got the piston. Perhaps you got a different knob? It is a great improvement for sure!
Sponsored