Sponsored

KW variant 3, BMR cradle lock out and eibach roll bars fitted

Cati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 get v8 ucl mag grey & e93 m3 cp
Well last post near death experience splurge fitted today and it was time to upgrade the suspension and handling

Some background.... In my s197 I read all the reviews and all the raving about the frp suspension kit and for a grand usd it was hard to turn down. On the track it was awesome on regular New York and Surrey roads it was far from ideal. A set of Lord Lucan of kitney special springs made things a lot better, but I promised myself on the next one I wanted adjustable. Despite the great reviews for the s550 frp track kit I stuck to this and was even more swayed when I found out I could kW variant 3 coil overs and eibach roll bars for the same price as frp kit as both are made in ze fatherland and so a cheaper for freight and no import duty!!

So there was one thing in addition after reading so many reviews I wanted to add, no not a train horn but a bmr rear cradle lock out

So all this was fitted today and I have to say I am well pleased.

1. Body roll has disappeared
2. the bmr kit has sorted out the rubbery feeling of the rear end and the pull to the right when you punch it (so modurmaro can expand his bmr franchise )
3.the suspension has lost its choppiness and floaty feel as well as some much needed lowering . looking forward to playing with it, changes might need wheels off but no where near the ball ache others make out for what would not be an everyday fiddle - See more at: http://mustangforum.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8716&p=75747#p75747

Pics soon but can really recommend the kit above no regrets !!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Can imagine how awesome that must feel buddy, remember to get it corner weights and all aligned. It will handle amazing, makes them a completely different car from stock and much more on parr with stuff from BMW's M Division dynamic and handling wise. :)

Enjoy it, I am loving mine and having such great balance and progressive setup is what counts, I got mine pretty damn wild this afternoon playing with a motorcycle on a hard 2nd-3rd gear change, rear-end completely spat out due to a crest/bump in the road as I got back on the power. Car had traction off and it went really sideways but it was so progressive, counter steer and marginal lift out the power and it actually felt beautiful and so controllable, on the stock setup it would of being a right mess haha.

Biker further down the road pulled along side and gave a big thumbs up! :D

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Was it the BMR part or the premium coilovers that made the most improvements?

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
But did he tell you it pulled so much harder than other Mustangs he's raced? :D
I'm sure I read a post about that somewhere......Oh wait:lol::lol:

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But did he tell you it pulled so much harder than other Mustangs he's raced? :D
He said it must have at least 1000 horsepower. ;)

In reality he is probably shocked a yank tank actually went round corners. :D

Cati my alignment settings, these are not Fords they are my own I set them for wet road use, but they worked surprisingly well on track too.

Stock factory alignment is very minimal and Ford track pack alignment is too aggressive as its more as the name suggest a track alignment. The above you could consider as a fast road setup that is very forgiving at the limits both understeer and oversteer. :)

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMR part helps to eliminate rubberised feeling in the rear and reduce axle tramp for $200 and its simplicity for fitting is the part you should try, it makes a noticeable improvement.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Great list of parts!

Thanks for supporting our operation. ;)

OP
OP
Cati

Cati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the BMR part will not improve the ride or handling per se - it just stops the IRS cradle moving around so much due to deflection from the torque and lets the suspension get on with it's job. Ford always fit POS rear axle links - on the live axle the big mod was replacing the rear control arms - i think on the s550 replacing the IRS locking brackets will be the big thing.

the car is much better as Gibbo says, the rear end feels more communicative and planted. There is still a bit of understeer on hard pushing, is it approaching M levels - frankly no, my M3 V8 is still better, but it is very very good from a flickability, confidence and ride perspective.

If you are thinking FRP kit - I would definitely say price up the variant 3 kit and eibach bars before pulling the trigger and see what the difference is

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V8 Manual Fastback, DIB
BMR part helps to eliminate rubberised feeling in the rear and reduce axle tramp for $200 and its simplicity for fitting is the part you should try, it makes a noticeable improvement.
On this note - do you still have your diff clunk though?

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On this note - do you still have your diff clunk though?

If your talking about the clunk after track day then yes, I reckon its propshaft and a dry slip joint from factory that the track has now exposed. Gonna pack it with grease at weekend to see if it dampens or resolves it. Spoke with Ford and if it is propshaft my dealer has agreed to replace the propshaft even though the car is modified. :)

But I rather work on it myself and if its just a dry slip yoke some grease and all is well again.

OP
OP
Cati

Cati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great list of parts!

Thanks for supporting our operation. ;)
can you support us by getting your shipping prices down....$100 buck for shipping is ridiculous

Hammer Time

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Auto
can you support us by getting your shipping prices down....$100 buck for shipping is ridiculous
Agreed

[MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION] I'm looking for the BMR cradle lock out too

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
If your talking about the clunk after track day then yes, I reckon its propshaft and a dry slip joint from factory that the track has now exposed. Gonna pack it with grease at weekend to see if it dampens or resolves it. Spoke with Ford and if it is propshaft my dealer has agreed to replace the propshaft even though the car is modified. :)

But I rather work on it myself and if its just a dry slip yoke some grease and all is well again.

Can you do a write up of how to grease this?

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Send it to me from one of the free shipping sites, then I'll get shipping cost + my reasonable service fee :thumbsup: and I'll ship it to you via USPS or UPS or FedEx or whatever :) I'm sure this is somehow illegal, though. Haha.
Sponsored