Sponsored

KR001 (the first 19) GT350R started production today

nodonut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
1966 A code Fastback GT (wish I still had it), 2014 Explorer Sport, 2013 FLHTK Harley, 2019 GT350.
Thanks Tom and always appreciate your insight, feedback and help through out each year as well!

Hopefully Jess will check in with one of us as I have a possible lead on another R model also.

If he is not looking for an R then so be it which will then hopefully allow another of our members to latch onto one of these great cars.

Based on my understanding this will be the last year for the R model as we know it therefore anyone who is sincerely looking for an R model should proceed accordingly.

Have a great Sunday young fellow!

:like::like:
I sent a PM.

Thank you for all your help and wisdom, Harry.
Sponsored

nodonut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
1966 A code Fastback GT (wish I still had it), 2014 Explorer Sport, 2013 FLHTK Harley, 2019 GT350.
Hey Jesse,

Check Towne Ford in Redwood City. Kyle has an 18 Kona Blue for 500 under MSRP.

-Josh
By the way....Just checked Towne Ford and I couldn't find the 2018 you mentioned.....

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
One of the key factors that may limit or determine a good volume of R's for the 2019 MY will be the number of engines that the Niche Romeo engine plant has stock piled for the R models and for that matter the GT350's as well.

We all know that the R model FPC engine has some minor differences along with engine codes which separate them from the GT350 engines therefore this could determine the overall production numbers for the 2019MY.

I am suggesting that initially FP may have been very conservative with their R model allocations and over the next month based on the above scenario we may see what direction FP is taking with respect to additional R model allocations or lack thereof.

Hopefully the Romeo engine plant has stock piled a large volume of FPC engines for the 2019MY.

:)

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
I do have one place that took my pre-order and has promised me the allocation, if its given out to them. It sounds like I have a good chance of that happening and I am going to be hopeful about it.
I'm in the same boat brother - got a purchase agreement with my dealer in December and am now awaiting their 2nd allocation for a non R. As for a fall back plan I'm not sure what I'll do. If what specifically I wanted is not available because of a surprise shorter build cycle fewer allocated then it would logically be shorter because the 2020's are on the march. So I am now wondering if 2020's, which are getting a non SC version of the GT500 long-block, are flat-plane or cross-plane. One of my Auto Eng Journals I was looking at late yesterday said as much along with a lot of other assertions - it's a prof auto engineering supply materials journal not just some fanboy rag. Anyway the new motor while based on the Voodoo has improved cooling journals or portals (I can't remember it verbatim), longer head bolts, and improved head gasketing (all hinting at Ford knowing the source or orig voodoo weaknesses), and it said those would xfer to the GT350 as well minus the blower but plus the flat plane crank and related rev range. Tomorrow I'll write the author and ask for clarification about the crank - I forgot to grab it on the way to work this am.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Anybody looking for a non R shouldn't have any problem. If your local Ford dealer doesn't have a "confirmed allocation" (that is the phraseology you want to use), start calling around to other dealers in the area. Non Rs shouldnt be a problem.

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Actually, I was looking for a Non-R model. However, the information is still very relevant and I truly APPRECIATE all the input and advise. I AM actively seeking out a dealership with the hope they will receive another late allocation. I do have one place that took my pre-order and has promised me the allocation, if its given out to them. It sounds like I have a good chance of that happening and I am going to be hopeful about it. On the other hand, if that does not pan out, I will actively seek out a Non-R MY 2019 on a show room floor somewhere, ANYWHERE, across the country and will be ready to do what I need to do to get it, sometime between "now," when they start getting delivered to the dealerships, by this August. My final backup plan is if I am unable land a 2019 MY Non-R, I will find a 2018 MY Non-R, at a dealership, anywhere, because in looking now, there are QUITE a few still sitting and I believe it's because a lot of people are waiting for the 2019 Non-R's and R Models and waiting for the 2020 GT500. I am going to be VERY OPTIMISTIC about all this, but, rest assured, I will be ACTIVELY seeking the Non-R out on my end. Thank you again for all the feedback!!!!
I'll put this out there for anyone interested as a PSA. I have no financial incentive or investment.

Call Gary James @ Klaben Ford in Ohio at 330-369-4444 or 330-718-8229. He is a total stand-up guy! Absolutely trustworthy. To say that he goes above and beyond is an understatement.

Yes, I bought my `18 from him (for WELL UNDER MSRP).

Yes, I sent 3 others to him, one of which gets his `19 in 2 weeks and so far, I continue to hear nothing but positive things.

I had mine shipped to me. Gary helped coordinate the pickup. My friend is flying there and driving the car home.

Please tell Gary that Adam sent you. I always like to reward good deeds, meaning, Gary has done right by me and I'd like him to know that has paid off for him.

Again, I have nothing to gain here. Just trying to pay it forward. GOOD LUCK!

nodonut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
I'll put this out there for anyone interested as a PSA. I have no financial incentive or investment.

Call Gary James @ Klaben Ford in Ohio at 330-369-4444 or 330-718-8229. He is a total stand-up guy! Absolutely trustworthy. To say that he goes above and beyond is an understatement.

Yes, I bought my `18 from him (for WELL UNDER MSRP).

Yes, I sent 3 others to him, one of which gets his `19 in 2 weeks and so far, I continue to hear nothing but positive things.

I had mine shipped to me. Gary helped coordinate the pickup. My friend is flying there and driving the car home.

Please tell Gary that Adam sent you. I always like to reward good deeds, meaning, Gary has done right by me and I'd like him to know that has paid off for him.

Again, I have nothing to gain here. Just trying to pay it forward. GOOD LUCK!
Thank you, Adam. I'll give it a shot.

CobraO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback
Wow! Thanks for the info. Good sales people are a dying breed. I've bought 3 recently from the same sales woman. She's good, but I bust her spewing inaccurate information all the time.

Woody25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Woody
Vehicle(s)
2019 350R
There is no priority in respect to R vs non R. A particular build may have priority over another, but it has nothing to do with the type of 350. The cars are assigned a VIN, are then scheduled for a build, and a blend date is assigned. The "blend" is when the car hits the line for assembly. The robots/welds/paint are all done before the blend. They don't build the cars in batches, Rs are built the same time as non-R's. Some builds have priority over others for various reasons, but for the most part, they all are built at the same time and go across the line together. The only exception is the season. Rs are not built in the cold weather months because the Cup2 tires are prone to cracking.

I was informed today by Ford on my daily call that these cars are built according to dealer allocation date and not their date of order, does that make sense?
and what numbers are you hearing for the R's, approximately 400?
Thanks!

Sponsored

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Wow! Thanks for the info. Good sales people are a dying breed. I've bought 3 recently from the same sales woman. She's good, but I bust her spewing inaccurate information all the time.
Selling 101: Better to not know the answer to a technical question than try and BS your way through it. People would much prefer accurate info a day later than BS info on the spot!

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Someone had asked about the R allocation i
I was informed today by Ford on my daily call that these cars are built according to dealer allocation date and not their date of order, does that make sense?
and what numbers are you hearing for the R's, approximately 400?
Thanks!
There is a little more to it than that, but yes, I found through experience that If a dealer gets more than 1 R allocation, the first is typically built right away (depending on priority). The rest are built throughout the remainder of the production year and I believe the regional Ford Rep works with the local dealerships inventory manager to set production. For instance, in 2017, my avalanche grey R was the last of my dealers allocations. The 2017 model year made about 900ish R's. I waited about a year and a half for mine. The only reason I waited was because I was in contact with my local inventory manager and I did communicate with the regional Ford rep (who confirmed my allocation was legit).

I don't know how many Ford plans to make in MY19. I would suspect less than 18 based upon the amount of allocations my dealer got (only 2). I spoke with another dealership in the Midwest and its the same story, about half as many allocations as other years. So I would guess probably less than the number you suggest.

Edited to add: You should only call them once a week. Back when Isaac was working there, that was the agreement we had, once a week, best to call on Friday so that all the information will up updated and current.

rick shea

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR039, Oxford White, Kona matt stripe

There is a little more to it than that, but yes, I found through experience that If a dealer gets more than 1 R allocation, the first is typically built right away (depending on priority). The rest are built throughout the remainder of the production year and I believe the regional Ford Rep works with the local dealerships inventory manager to set production. For instance, in 2017, my avalanche grey R was the last of my dealers allocations. The 2017 model year made about 900ish R's. I waited about a year and a half for mine. The only reason I waited was because I was in contact with my local inventory manager and I did communicate with the regional Ford rep (who confirmed my allocation was legit).

I don't know how many Ford plans to make in MY19. I would suspect less than 18 based upon the amount of allocations my dealer got (only 2). I spoke with another dealership in the Midwest and its the same story, about half as many allocations as other years. So I would guess probably less than the number you suggest.

This is the same messaging I am getting from dealers in the Pacific Northwest for Bothe GT350's and GT350 R's. The rest of the message is that this will be a short production year in general and the "new" engined 2020 GT350 rolls quickly into the production line with the GT500. The changes in the base model GT350 and GT350R for 2019 are setting up this transition as these two models fully option are getting closer together, and will become the base car plus the new engine for the 2020 model year.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Ford please stop tempting us with the GT350 without bringing it to the UK! Madness that Ford don't want to bring it, the demand would be huge. 5.2 litre screaming engine with a stick shift mmmmmmmmm

Woody25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Woody
Vehicle(s)
2019 350R

Edited to add: You should only call them once a week. Back when Isaac was working there, that was the agreement we had, once a week, best to call on Friday so that all the information will up updated and current.
Thanks Tomster, I'm basically a new Mustang guy and appreciate your knowledge of Fords inner workings but I'm slowly catching on.
Now with that said, my take on the 19R goes as follows and correct me if you think differently.

Between the low volume produced in 19 on the R's and possibly the last year of the flat plane crank this car should hold some value?
Sponsored