• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Kooks muffler For OEM Socal

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Ah, aren't Kook's mufflers actually QUIETER than the OEM's in Sport mode?

But to your actual question, I would totally have done something for you as I'm looking for mufflers that I could pair up with long tubes. LT's + OEM mufflers is seriously is a sound like the end of the world. But midwest...

OP
OP

Rubens350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ruben
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350
im not sure ive never heard the OEM in person. Kooks just dont have an active exhaust as its only one exit.

Deathvalleysc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Ah, aren't Kook's mufflers actually QUIETER than the OEM's in Sport mode?

But to your actual question, I would totally have done something for you as I'm looking for mufflers that I could pair up with long tubes. LT's + OEM mufflers is seriously is a sound like the end of the world. But midwest...
You are correct. Kooks mufflers are quieter in sport mode than the stock mufflers. I have the full kooks system with green cats. I’m debating on putting the stock mufflers back on to make it louder in sport mode. I’m also debating ordering the off road pipes to replace the green cats because I don’t feel that it’s loud enough riding around town at lower RPM.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
You are correct. Kooks mufflers are quieter in sport mode than the stock mufflers. I have the full kooks system with green cats. I’m debating on putting the stock mufflers back on to make it louder in sport mode. I’m also debating ordering the off road pipes to replace the green cats because I don’t feel that it’s loud enough riding around town at lower RPM.
You're not going to get much from going catless, it's almost indecipherable. Put your stockers back on.

EDIT: stock mufflers that is

Sponsored

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
You're not going to get much from going catless, it's almost indecipherable. Put your stockers back on.
I have personal experience here and disagree. With longtubes, there was a HUGE difference in sound on this car for cat vs. catless.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I have personal experience here and disagree. With longtubes, there was a HUGE difference in sound on this car for cat vs. catless.
I did this will my Kooks headers on my Coyote car. I got a difference in dB reading but it wasn't much. 105 vs 105.6 or something like that. I just put my cats back on to try and get the smell down. maybe could be muffler design too though. I had Borla ATAK axle backs.
Sponsored