Knock in 4th, nothing through 1-3rd

Ninjavitis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 18 GLA250 AWD, 05 Vette, 12 Hyundai Accent

I attached a quick shot of my log from the dragstrip.

Generally speaking I rarely do a full 4th gear pull since its 130+mph so I have limited logs to go off of so I am not sure what to think.

(Orange is speed, blue is RPM, purple is knock- high of 0.66 midway through 4th at 5700-5800rpm then a slow drop to 0.3.)

Third gear looks good to me. Is the knock in 4th due to the heat increasing through the pull?

I noticed my hood shakes a lot at 120-130ish and my Paxton does touch it very slightly- could this be the root cause?

I am just not sure if I am experiencing false knock or not, I have poly motor mounts ready to install because I can feel the motor moving a little too much during aggressive shifting/downshifting followed by knock counts when I am not WOT. This will also lower the motor 1/2 inch to help clearance the Paxton.

I was Lund tuned in March when it was relatively cold outside in PA- it is July and 80-90 degrees now, I was not sure if that needed to be taken in to consideration as well.

Any thoughts or opinions would be great to have- not trying to run the car if it looks critically unsafe for the motor.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Ninjavitis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 18 GLA250 AWD, 05 Vette, 12 Hyundai Accent
Anyone?

Putting the poly mounts in now and dropping the motor 1/4-1/2 inch, going to post up some logs as soon as the roads dry up.