Sponsored

KM's Race Red Journal (Lots of Photos)

Lynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Mustang
I tried first using placi dip, did not go well because it was hard to peel off a straight line, and i ended up ruining the whole thing.Apparently i needed to spray really heavy and peel it right then and there. So i tried again with flat protective enamel and I took time to mask off.There is no going back lol. Even though I can spot the imperfections(because I did the job) its darn near impossible to tell by anyone.
Sponsored

OP
OP
dgtal36

dgtal36

KEVCITY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
I tried first using placi dip, did not go well because it was hard to peel off a straight line, and i ended up ruining the whole thing.Apparently i needed to spray really heavy and peel it right then and there. So i tried again with flat protective enamel and I took time to mask off.There is no going back lol. Even though I can spot the imperfections(because I did the job) its darn near impossible to tell by anyone.
Oh wow that does look good!
Thanks! Although I was thinking of doing the whole diffuser instead.
I'll post pictures when I'm finished with it next week.

Lynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Mustang
well for me it was these two lines (hmmmmmmmmgggghh) made me go the extra mile to mask the bottom part.but hey, you cant go wrong with painting the whole thing.

also i tried to match the fender color so the diffuser is dark grey instead of black(which was the color of plasi dip)

Sponsored

syntheticgt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.automodia.com
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
2015 OW EB 6mt w/PP and Recaros
Same thing I have planned for my rear valance. Looks great! :thumbsup:

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
great build log bro. You have such nice scenery in cali for all kind of photo need.

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary
Looks great man. I am definitely looking forward to seeing where this goes!

jasonc0604

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Focus SE "Slocus"
dgtal36: Do you have a picture from straight on in the back? Also, did you do it flat black or did you put gloss finish on it? I'm looking at doing exactly what you did on my base GT.

OP
OP
dgtal36

dgtal36

KEVCITY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
031d87624a3cf0e31c640a0666ffb797.jpg

d3b295dd4d2a7b32df751ee8014fd600.jpg
24325d95a3da67442d718343095e789b.jpg
5e93cbb96dfe0893c988fa60caa04681.jpg

Haven't updated this thread for the longest. Just got my legacy license plate in! More things coming in the next few weeks/months!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Marvelous D S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Magnetic PP

Siberian Husky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 240z SBC
Looks great! FYI California dealers have to drill front plates into all cars on their lots, no exceptions. Stupid rule. Other states like illinois require a front plate but don't require dealers to drill, so they can use a non drill bracket or just never put one on.
False.

Many places offer a waiver for you to sign saying it is the law to have a license plate on the front and you as the buyer and new owner are responsible for putting it on; they also supply the frame and bolting materials to apply the plate frame/holder. If that were my car, I wouldn't have drove it home. I did it when I was picking up my FRS at the time, and the dealer was pissed, but I too made it very clear to both sales and management that I did not want the front plate drilled in the bumper.

OP
OP
dgtal36

dgtal36

KEVCITY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
False.

Many places offer a waiver for you to sign saying it is the law to have a license plate on the front and you as the buyer and new owner are responsible for putting it on; they also supply the frame and bolting materials to apply the plate frame/holder. If that were my car, I wouldn't have drove it home. I did it when I was picking up my FRS at the time, and the dealer was pissed, but I too made it very clear to both sales and management that I did not want the front plate drilled in the bumper.

I was debating about leaving it there and telling them that I will not be signing anything until I get it fixed but I was anxious to take the car home haha. Just sucks that they didn't listen to me at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored