Sponsored

KM's Race Red Journal (Lots of Photos)

dgtal36

KEVCITY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
Hello everyone, my name is Kevin and I own a 2015 Race Red Ecoboost Mustang.

I wasn't really a mustang fanatic until I saw the new 2015 model. The looks of the new mustang is somewhat radical compared to the previous models. I am enjoying the European style they incorporated into the new design.

Anyways, I bought my very first car, a red Toyota Tercel, when I was around 17, then jumped into the Honda scene with a red 2000 Honda Prelude. As you can see, my favorite color for a car is red.

This was my most prized possession, and I loved taking her out on long cruises for some epic photoshoots.

During the 2 years of owning the prelude, I ran into a plethora of mechanical issues. I was tired of putting money into a used car and felt that this money could have gone towards a brand new car. So I decided to fix her up real good and sell it. That's when I brought home my new muse.

This was taken at the dealer the night I went to pick her up. As you can see there is a front license plate mounted on the front. Even after repeatedly emailing and calling the dealer to not drill holes into the front bumper, they still decided to drill into it. :frusty:

I remember coming in to pick up my car with my new license plate bracket, that didn't require the use of a drill, in my hand with full enjoyment and saw that they still drilled into it. I couldn't really do much so I just picked her up and left.

Living in Los Angeles, I was told not to get a car with a manual transmission because of all the traffic. After driving cars with an automatic transmission all my 20 years of living :p I decided to get a manual transmission regardless of what everyone was telling me. It was the best choice of my life :cheers:

So far these are the parts I have installed:

- MMR Intake
- Magnaflow Competition Catback Exhaust
These are the parts that I have not put on the car yet:

- Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs
- TSW Bathurst in 20x9 and 20x10 (Silver)
- Nitto Invo tires in 275/35/20 and 295/35/20
And these will be upcoming parts I will be obtaining little by little:

- Cobb Accessport
- a Tune
- Street Scene Rear Spoiler
- Mishimoto Intercooler
This was a small render I did of how she will look when I have the wheels and springs installed in a few days..

I hope you all enjoy what's to come and I will keep this thread updated with all the new things that will be going on. Also, you can follow me on Instagram or Flickr for more photos; link is in my signature!

Thanks for reading!
Sponsored

dabears2322

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2005 Infiniti G35 coupe
Looks great! FYI California dealers have to drill front plates into all cars on their lots, no exceptions. Stupid rule. Other states like illinois require a front plate but don't require dealers to drill, so they can use a non drill bracket or just never put one on.

OP
OP
dgtal36

dgtal36

KEVCITY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
Looks great! FYI California dealers have to drill front plates into all cars on their lots, no exceptions. Stupid rule. Other states like illinois require a front plate but don't require dealers to drill, so they can use a non drill bracket or just never put one on.
Well that sucks. Originally they told me I could have that request satisfied but I would have to sign some waiver. It never happened so I don't know what they were talking about.

Sponsored

Lynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Mustang
Galpin Ford does not drill holes on their mustangs, because they know there is a customer demand of them not to. That being said, I am thinking of lowering my EB, did you do it yourself? if not, can you PM me what shop and how much it cost? PLZ.

OP
OP
dgtal36

dgtal36

KEVCITY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
Galpin Ford does not drill holes on their mustangs, because they know there is a customer demand of them not to. That being said, I am thinking of lowering my EB, did you do it yourself? if not, can you PM me what shop and how much it cost? PLZ.
I should've bought my stang from them :/

Anyways, yeah I did do the installation myself and it was kind of a hassle. I had to buy a spring compressor from harbor freight to do the front springs. The rear was a bit easier but needed a second jack to lift the subframe when reinstalling. All together it took me around 5 hours haha but most of the time was spent figuring out how to do just one spring on the front. Once you know the tricks to getting one installed, the rest are very simple.

If you want a shop to install them, I believe Need4Speed motorsports in Glendale can do the installation. You would have to contact them for a quote though.

Sponsored

The Menace

No it's not that Fast...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

Finally the wheels and tires are installed! Courtesy of Need4Speed Motorsports
Photoshoot coming soon :)
It's like a different car. Looks great.

OP
OP
dgtal36

dgtal36

KEVCITY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
So after adding 3000 miles on this car, I began to notice how crappy the stock shifter feels. It is indeed notchy from 1st to 2nd gear... really notchy. Sometimes I hear a grinding noise coming from the shifter when I'm making a turn and shifting into second gear. Not sure why it is doing this, and I do have the clutch pedal depressed all the way when I'm shifting.

Anyways, I'm really tempted to buy a MGW Shifter to see if it helps solve the problem.

Other than that, I'm thinking of picking up an oil catch can, but I don't really see a benefit of it. Anyone have any opinions or facts from adding a catch can?

Lynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Mustang
a nice weekend project would be to spray paint the rear diffuser, so glad i did mine

OP
OP
dgtal36

dgtal36

KEVCITY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
a nice weekend project would be to spray paint the rear diffuser, so glad i did mine
Yeah I was thinking of doing it next weekend. Any tips you have on how you did it?

Also, can you post pictures of how yours came out? :)
Sponsored