Sponsored

Keyfob not detected stuck in park

FilthyCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Hello, I have a 2018 Gt Prem with the A10 w 401a and out of nowhere yesterday the car indicated that no key fob was detected. This took place while the car was running and put in park at a toll booth. The car would not leave park until several restarts of the vehicle, but each time the car was restarted it still stated that no key fob was detected. Anyone else run into this problem?

Thank you.
Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
If it happens again try putting your key in the cup holder, rear one i believe, or remove the rubber mat and youll see a pocket. Either the key fob is going bad or the "antenna" for the prox system is. Usually its the fobs though. I deal with it daily with locksmiths. I work for a company that has a key/fob/transponder programmer.

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
Try your other fob to rule out a problem with the car itself.

OP
OP
FilthyCoyote

FilthyCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Yeah we changed out to the other FOB to see if it re-creates the issue to try and narrow down if its FOB or car related but just curious if anyone else has ran into this kind of issue

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Yeah we changed out to the other FOB to see if it re-creates the issue to try and narrow down if its FOB or car related but just curious if anyone else has ran into this kind of issue
If you are not getting a mesage and the other fob works fine then yeah its the otther fob you were using. I get calls on this daily about fords all the time.. along with other manufactures.. mainly nissan.. a lot of toyota.

Sponsored

EvoInAS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Weird, same exact scenario happened to me today. Had to turn the car off and on, thenI WOT'd like a bat out of hell and freaked the car out, started misfiring and flashing the engine light, both of which stopped after a minute.

Svgcmann

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby gt 500
Happened to me also when I was pulling out of the gas station the other day but nothing happened besides the warning on the dash
Sponsored