Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Link to where I can get one
Thanks for the link redline!

You can order directly from us via Mishimoto.com or you can save a bit off of MSRP by going through one of our authorized distributors. If you are unsure of which one you will find a list of Mishimoto authorized distributors closest to you using our "where to buy" feature HERE.

Let me know if you need additional assistance!

I never noticed the tag so I was in for a surprise the first time I drained my can, A nice bag of extra fittings sitting in oil :headbonk:
Too excited to have the catch can installed eh?

-Sara
Sponsored

proamas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50 Year Package
Do you guys have one that will work on Kenne Bell supercharged S550s?

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks for the tip!

Thanks for the write up! We appreciate you posting it for reference while we film our install video. :thumbsup:

-Sara
No problem! I'll be adding pics today for the drain kit install. :)

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
Wow!

No problem! I'll be adding pics today for the drain kit install. :)
Wow Tom, I'm surprised you waited this long before Installing a Oil Carch Can on your GT, I thought you would have had that on there long ago Tom! :cheers: John

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Do you guys have one that will work on Kenne Bell supercharged S550s?
We do not have a direct-fit option for supercharged GTs at this time. However, the bracket, catch can, and fittings should still work. You may have to modify the hoses as the lengths may be different with a supercharger installed.

-Sara

Sponsored

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Wow Tom, I'm surprised you waited this long before Installing a Oil Carch Can on your GT, I thought you would have had that on there long ago Tom! :cheers: John
I had another brand on awhile ago... but I took it off. This one looks so much better! :)

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Petcock Drain Kit Install

*Click on the pictures to get a better view*

I decided to purchase the Petcock Drain Kit directly from Mishimoto.

I removed the plug from the bottom using an 8mm Allen wrench and installed the fitting included in the kit in its place. Once tight, the fitting sticks up maybe 1/8" into the can, so obviously the can would have to fill up past that point before it will drain. So (after tightly installed in the catch can) I used a dremel to take away the end of the plastic fitting until it was level with the bottom of the can. I then attached the entire length of hose to the fitting using a black zip tie.

At this point, I wasn't sure where I would run the hose TO, but I think it ended up working perfectly! :thumbsup:

I ran the hose down from the fitting on the bottom of the can. The zip tie you can see in the picture just helps keep a nice bend in the tube... there is no tension on it (and is hidden when the radiator cover is reinstalled). The hose then runs down neatly in a gap next to the windshield washer tank:

Pvz2TcVm.jpg

This is the view from underneath of the hose running down. The "white" on the right of the picture is the wheel well liner:

OobBMvAm.jpg

I installed the petcock here (I was ok with white zip ties since you can't see them :)). I also drilled a hole in the bracket of the water tank to tie the hose to, to give it some rigidity:

8O6Cu9Um.jpg

I drilled a 3/4" hole in the plastic here for the tube to come through, and used 3 zip ties (so there are 3 heads) to keep the tube taught.

UPU2yWum.jpg

It is very secure and very rigid... and also completely protected. To turn the petcock, all I will have to do is turn the steering wheel all the way to the right, reach in, and it's easily accessible!

Oil will obviously fill up the hose all the way down to the petcock along with the catch can itself, giving some more capacity. Sara from Mishimoto assured me that the hose that comes with the kit is oil-resistant and that oil won't soak into the hose from sitting in the line. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Thanks for the write-up Tom!

-Sara

magneticstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
CC0Zel4.jpg

Just installed the catch can but noticed is this also a a PCV system? Should this hose also be replaced or removed to prevent oil entering the engine?

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
That is known as the "clean" side. That's where fresh air is introduced into the crankcase pulled from the intake mainly at idel under vacuum. You typically won't have have oil make it through that line into your intake unless you're boosted and crankcase pressure is increased when under throttle. But it is my understanding Mishimoto has a clean side setup in development for those that want to be extra careful.

CC0Zel4.jpg

Just installed the catch can but noticed is this also a a PCV system? Should this hose also be replaced or removed to prevent oil entering the engine?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
That is known as the "clean" side. That's where fresh air is introduced into the crankcase pulled from the intake mainly at idel under vacuum. You typically won't have have oil make it through that line into your intake unless you're boosted and crankcase pressure is increased when under throttle. But it is my understanding Mishimoto has a clean side setup in development for those that want to be extra careful.
Well said! We were testing the "driver side" or "clean" side in addition to the passenger side that we released. Earlier in the thread we posted photos of both the driver and passenger side cans after the same amount of miles. The passenger side catch can had quite a bit of blow-by trapped in it while the driver side had barely a coating.

We are still looking into creating the driver side option because as redline mentioned above, those who have forced induction may experience blow-by through the driver side of the system as well. However, for the majority of GTs, from our testing we determined that one catch can on the passenger side of the system is sufficient.

-Sara

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
We do not have a direct-fit option for supercharged GTs at this time. However, the bracket, catch can, and fittings should still work. You may have to modify the hoses as the lengths may be different with a supercharger installed.

-Sara
When will you have one for Supercharged GTs? Preferably Roush S/Cs.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
When will you have one for Supercharged GTs? Preferably Roush S/Cs.
We are keeping this in mind as we know that many of you have forced induction setups on your GTs. However, it would be difficult to create direct-fit kits for all aftermarket superchargers in order to include everyone. The bracket, can, and fittings should still work with a supercharger installed, you just may have to modify the hose routing to accommodate the supercharger.

-Sara

ihavefat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12GT/FoST/'16 GT
anybody have this issue..?

There's one line of thread that haven't been machined properly...you can feel with your fingernail that it is not smooth and unless I try it extremely carefully as to not to cross thread, it will only go in this much:

Since I will have to drain the can at whatever interval, I am not looking forward to this...

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
There's one line of thread that haven't been machined properly...you can feel with your fingernail that it is not smooth and unless I try it extremely carefully as to not to cross thread, it will only go in this much:

Since I will have to drain the can at whatever interval, I am not looking forward to this...
Apologies that you are encountering trouble with your can. We are not aware of this issue happening with any of our kits, this is likely a one off issue with manufacturing. All of our products come with a lifetime warranty so our customer service team would be happy to send you a replacement for the damaged components.

You can contact them at 1877GOMISHI 9am to 5pm or at [email protected]. If you need any assistance in this process, feel free to shoot me a PM and I would be happy to help.

-Sara
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.