20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
Will be looking to dyno my slo-arse convertible later in April....anyone have a shop recommendation?
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Try Justune Tuning in Grain Valley, MO. I made some pulls on his Dyno back in 2013 at his old location and Iā€™ll be taking my ā€˜19 Bullitt to him on Tuesday to see what it makes on E85R and nitrous.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Might also look at LSXKiller in Bonner Springs. They did the install on my Power Pack 2 and were recommended by another shop.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Justin at Justune told me that he charges $100 an hour. Iā€™m hoping to make two pulls on the E85R tune and two on the nitrous tune and get out of there without spending any more than $200. I donā€™t even know what the average cost is nowadays, as I havenā€™t been on a dyno since 2013.

Sponsored

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Any idea how many runs and for how much $?
Off the top of my head, and this is really just a wild ass guess from what I remember, I think it was 3 pulls for $75, but don't quote me on that. I could be way off. And that was in early 2019.

OP
OP
20ducks

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
I contacted LSXKiller in Bonner Springs for 2 reasons: I was interested in a dyno and I wanted them to check the sway bar(s) install I did.

First the dyno: Yes they have a dyno: $85 for 2 pulls. That is ludicrous for 2 pulls. I asked if they would be scheduling a "dyno day" sometime this year. The response was no, that it cost too much money. The guy on the phone had attitude.
Second, check out my sway bar install: He said they were booked for 2 weeks and I would need to make an appointment. I would also need to give him a $100 deposit for the appointment! This place is in a small, out the middle of nowhere, repair shop that must think their work level is way above many others.

All this plus a 2 star rating from those giving reviews I couldn't wait to get off the phone. Not very likely they will ever see my car in their shop. LSXKiller in Bonner Springs get zero stars from me.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Thereā€™s a place called KC MAXX Performance in Shawnee, KS. I heard they have a dyno, but Iā€™ve never been there before.

Phone: 913-432-3785

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
I contacted LSXKiller in Bonner Springs for 2 reasons: I was interested in a dyno and I wanted them to check the sway bar(s) install I did.

First the dyno: Yes they have a dyno: $85 for 2 pulls. That is ludicrous for 2 pulls. I asked if they would be scheduling a "dyno day" sometime this year. The response was no, that it cost too much money. The guy on the phone had attitude.
Second, check out my sway bar install: He said they were booked for 2 weeks and I would need to make an appointment. I would also need to give him a $100 deposit for the appointment! This place is in a small, out the middle of nowhere, repair shop that must think their work level is way above many others.

All this plus a 2 star rating from those giving reviews I couldn't wait to get off the phone. Not very likely they will ever see my car in their shop. LSXKiller in Bonner Springs get zero stars from me.
Sorry for the bad experience. When I asked a guy at another shop about them, who has done work for me before, he did recommend them. They did the install for my FRPP2 so I can keep all the warranty stuff in place. I agree, the guy that runs the place is a little off-putting. But the kid that worked on mine did a nice job. He did ask if I wanted to put it on the dyno, for $75, and I asked him to do a before and after, and he said that would be two separate pulls, so two charges, so I passed.

Is $85 for two pulls high? I have no idea. Please let me know where you do end up though. I'd like to get mine on a dyno, just for curiosity sake.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Here is the place to go for not just a dyno, but for any type of tuning or expert work: Modified by KC = https://www.facebook.com/MKCperformance/ Top notch!
The owners used to live across the street from my friend. They work on everything, but specialize in imports.

Another one of my friends just called me a few days ago asking if I knew of someone that could Dyno a Razor ATV. I asked if he had checked with Modified by KC and he said they were booked for the next 6 weeks. Best bet for just making some pulls would be Justune in Grain Valley. As mentioned above, he charges $100 an hour. I did 3 pulls when I was there, but could have easily made 5-6 pulls if I had wanted to. unless youā€™re installing parts and testing for additional gains, 2-3 pulls should be sufficient to get numbers. Lastly, Justin doesnā€™t work on cars, but Killer Performance does theyā€™re right around the corner from Justune.