K0067 Thread

AC53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
VW Touareg TDI, Lincoln MKZ, F-350 TD
Congrats Brett. Trust you're having a great holiday weekend with it.

I'm still waiting anxiously. Mine has arrived in the city, but not delivered yet. It is in Halifax on Ramp-75 at the CN Railyard, so I expect it will make it to the dealership on Tuesday or Wednesday (Monday is a holiday here).

Like others, it has taken a while to travel, but that is the nature of railways. Good news is that I would not have taken delivery of the car last week anyway as my Ford mechanic has been away on holiday until the 7th., and I don't have anyone else work on my Fords except him. Plenty of folks who insist on the dealer not washing the car so they can apply a ceramic coating to their cars, I don't subscribe to that. Instead, using the best mechanic I know is more important than the difference between paint protection A vs B. Everyone has a different opinion on that which is fine.

OP
OP
BrettT

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
All Washed and Waxed. Meguiar's Ultimate as base and Meguiar's Gold Carnauba on top. What a shine...
DSC05588.JPG

OP
OP
BrettT

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Also, put in my request for Personalized plates. Could not do it before I owned the car. BC rules (saving Bullitt plates for Bullitt cars). Anyway will have to wait 6-8 weeks. Fingers crossed...

OP
OP
BrettT

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)

I'm still waiting anxiously. Mine has arrived in the city, but not delivered yet. It is in Halifax on Ramp-75 at the CN Railyard, so I expect it will make it to the dealership on Tuesday or Wednesday (Monday is a holiday here).

Like others, it has taken a while to travel, but that is the nature of railways. Good news is that I would not have taken delivery of the car last week anyway as my Ford mechanic has been away on holiday until the 7th., and I don't have anyone else work on my Fords except him. Plenty of folks who insist on the dealer not washing the car so they can apply a ceramic coating to their cars, I don't subscribe to that. Instead, using the best mechanic I know is more important than the difference between paint protection A vs B. Everyone has a different opinion on that which is fine.

Thanks, It's an amazingly cool car.... Hopefully you won't have to wait too long. My car was in Kamloops on the Tuesday and on the dealers lot late Friday.

Sponsored

Bullitt77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350 (sold)

What’s the holiday this weekend?

OP
OP
BrettT

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
What’s the holiday this weekend?
It's a Civic Holiday as opposed to a Federal Holiday, so each Province calls it something different. Here in BC, It's British Columbia Day.

OP
OP
BrettT

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Well, didn't get to do much over the long weekend, other than driving it around town a bit and spending a lot of time admiring it.

Couple of pictures attached, I took down by the River.

I have my rode trip planned for this coming weekend. "Wheels up" 06:00 Saturday and off to Penticton, BC. Perfect drive to break the car it. Freeway for the first 150 km (90 miles), then into the mountains on BC Hwy 3 (Crows Nest - Hope-Princeton). Fantastic road with varying types, tight twist's through canyons, medium speed and high speed carving roads as well with short and long straits for passing.. Although I will not be pushing this time, just enjoying the moment in the car (think Jeremy Clarkson driving the Vantage V12 episode of Top Gear). Traffic should be light. Overnight in Penticton (with son) and back mid morning Sunday. Round trip 808KM (500mil).
DSC05874.JPG
DSC05921.JPG

OP
OP
BrettT

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Well K0067 hit the highway this weekend and drove Richmond, BC to Penticton, BC via HWY 3, approx. distance of 400km (250 miles). I still can't get the grin off my face...….. First 90 miles is freeway and rest is mountain twisty roads, with max elevation up of approx. 4,500 ft, with a net altitude gain of 1,400 ft. Wasn't that a blast, but what amazed other than the ease with which the car performed, was the mileage I got.. In a nut shell maybe slightly worse than my Escape with the 2.0 litre ecoboost. On the freeway , I drove relatively conservative, still probably faster than 60% of the other traffic. Once I got to the single lane mountain road, I pushed it.... During the trip I ended up with 9.1 litres per 100k or 25.8 mpg (us gallon), or 30.93 mpg (imperial). Like I said that is close to what I get I. The Escape with the 2.0 litre Ecoboost.

And the ease with which it passes other cars even staying below 4500rpm. Couple of times after a 4th gear pull, I shifted to 5th, glanced at the speedo, and went "oops", lift off the gas...…. and the sound...………

And I get to do it al, again tomorrow only in reverse...……:)

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
....During the trip I ended up with 9.1 litres per 100k or 25.8 mpg (us gallon), or 30.93 mpg (imperial). Like I said that is close to what I get I. The Escape with the 2.0 litre Ecoboost.
31mpg...wow.

Very impressive for a mixed freeway/mountain road run. More ammunition to quell the bride's concern re: fuel consumption :like:.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BrettT

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
31mpg...wow.

Very impressive for a mixed freeway/mountain road run. More ammunition to quell the bride's concern re: fuel consumption :like:.
On the return run today, net loss of 1,400 feet, got dow .To 8.8 l/100k. Then I ran into bumper to bumper stop and go traffic on the freeway 100 km (62 miles) from home, ended up at 9.0, but without the Sunday afternoon traffic, probably could have got it down to 8.7 and maybe 8.6. So all@ all very happy t have a 5.0 V8 get such good mileage. Doing the same trip this is Friday in the Escape, will get a comparison.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Nice car.. always wondered how they go. ...but you are worried about fuel economy?
You bought the wrong car if that's your thing. I couldn't care less how much fuel she sips. It's a beauty, a thing to be revered and behold onto, and enjoy on the road and track ... Fuel is just a means to do that, something required to achieve the purpose.

OP
OP
BrettT

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Nice car.. always wondered how they go. ...but you are worried about fuel economy?
You bought the wrong car if that's your thing. I couldn't care less how much fuel she sips. It's a beauty, a thing to be revered and behold onto, and enjoy on the road and track ... Fuel is just a means to do that, something required to achieve the purpose.
Nope, never said I was worried. Bought a 5.0 V8. Didn't buy it for its economy. Just very happy that when you aren't booting it, you can get very good consumption, and like I said I was pushing reasonably hard through the mountains and still got reasonable mileage. I expected descent mileage on the freeway in cruise, but expected worse in the mountains and was pleasantly surprised what the final result was. You can have fun and not feel guilty and how much gas it is costing you at the same time .

OP
OP
BrettT

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Well today turned out sunny and got to 7C, so installed the Airaid performance air filter and took K0067 out for a drive. Total mileage to dat is 2,640 KM (1,650Miles). Probably wont get it out for another three weeks, but had a nice little drive today. Lots of fair weather cars out today.
IMG_20190217_1431302.jpg