Sponsored

Just found a pretty big quality control issue on my brand new vehicle. How to fix?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Of course. I waited 6 months for this car to come in after my last mustang being declared a lemon. I don’t appreciate having the trim come off on my day-old brand new car
Thankfully, we have suicide hotlines for these situations.
Sponsored

Ole Texan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Defective trim. Notice top of trim does not continue to the end. Thus the large gap. The bottom of fender and trim are parallel but trim is missing top edge for about 2 inches from end. Dealer should replace.

640B878D-5BBF-4AF6-A2AD-3D8F84D2E245.jpeg

Ole Texan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Dirt and grime will build up in that space, easy to scratch paint when washing. If you use a wash mitten it will get snagged in that gap. More reason to get replaced.

Ole Texan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
If you take to dealer for replacement, not do not talk about material you had to remove. There likely response will be you damaged the trim removing the material.

OP
OP
KCCG1219

KCCG1219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kristen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Mustang
What was wrong with the 1st one? I always thought lemon laws were all hype. Surprised you went back to the same whipping post.
Transmission problems. Bought the car used when it had only 2,000 miles on it. Immediately noticed shift delays, hard shifting, lunging when coming to a stop, concerning noises, and at one point it was slipping from drive into neutral on its own. Ford reset the transmission, then replaced the transmission, then rebuilt the new transmission, all to no avail… I finally filed a claim through BBB Auto Line and they quickly got me approved for a buyback through Ford. NY luckily has a great lemon law.
Ford completely bought out my loan and compensated me for all the payments I made on the car, fees, etc, and waived the usage fees. I ended up getting my brand new mustang for less than the used one. 😃

Sponsored

kellyreno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I told the salesman it didnt want it run through after the service managers 4x4 truck on Monday morning. No plastic brushes on a $56,000 car. Again it was sitting in the showroom, spotless. Probably did it to be spiteful. Water drops inside the mirrors, bumpers proved it.
Oh, BTW their owners manual says hand wash or touchless only.

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
that sucks... i went round and round w/ford on mine... but its good now and i love it. it'll get fixed and be all good. its under warranty, just be persistant. the less detail u give the better so they cant try to find reason to blame you. GL

kellyreno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Transmission problems. Bought the car used when it had only 2,000 miles on it. Immediately noticed shift delays, hard shifting, lunging when coming to a stop, concerning noises, and at one point it was slipping from drive into neutral on its own. Ford reset the transmission, then replaced the transmission, then rebuilt the new transmission, all to no avail… I finally filed a claim through BBB Auto Line and they quickly got me approved for a buyback through Ford. NY luckily has a great lemon law.
Ford completely bought out my loan and compensated me for all the payments I made on the car, fees, etc, and waived the usage fees. I ended up getting my brand new mustang for less than the used one. 😃
Wow, good to hear in today's world. You deserve a lot of credit for standing strong. I suppose their out would be it had an unknown history.
Sponsored