Sponsored

Just found a pretty big quality control issue on my brand new vehicle. How to fix?

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion
Weren’t you on the vca forum 20+ years ago ?
I also still have my black/silver stripes 00 gts
Yep..it's me. Still go on there sometimes, but not as often. Still have the 00 GTS and '96 RT.
Sponsored

Reactions: luc

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
It's a dead hookers wig she was wearing blue hair you better call the police

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
OP
OP
KCCG1219

KCCG1219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kristen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Mustang

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
Welp you definitely have me beat with this one. Did you accept the delivery with the car in that condition or are you making ford fix it first?
I'm in Italy, it's not so easy. There are really few Mustangs, let alone GTs here.
I know for sure I will give the car to them to fix 3 problems and I will have her returned with 6.
The only thing that will actually change for the better is the level of happiness of the guy who will joyride her.

It's much better if I go and fix everything myself which I did, there is just the paint scratch unresolved, but for that will go into a body shop that specializes in real sports cars, so the Mustang is much more "average" there.

Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
My dealership has a tendency to cause more damage while fixing nothing at all...
It's unfortunate this is more often true than not.

The detailing shop which did my PPF and tint, they also make minor repairs and mods. I'd trust them with anything. While paying out of pocket, the peace of mind and quality of the job is worth it. Hopefully, you could find a like place in your area. Maybe the local Mustang club has some connects.

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
The only thing that will actually change for the better is the level of happiness of the guy who will joyride her.
Install a dashcam, then you can enjoy on a screen his joy while driving and show his boss how much fun his employee has at work. 🤔

I always check my dashcam for incidents after workshop visits.
My car goes to a regular Ford shop, the mechanics there love Mustangs and handle them well from what I've been able to tell so far.

kellyreno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
We have an automatic carwash at my dealer. That looks exactly like part of the spinning brushes that sometimes gets snagged.
I asked them to not wash my showroom floor car. Guess what they did it anyway. Then claimed not when I pointed out the water spots.

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang M1 HP

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I asked them to not wash my showroom floor car. Guess what they did it anyway. Then claimed not when I pointed out the water spots.
Omg… water spots! End of the world! I won’t be able to sleep again… 🙄

seriously people… gotta calm down
Maybe I understood the comment differently, but I didn't read it that the water spots were the main problem ?

I read it as the water spots were simply an indication that the dealer had washed the car, when they had been specifically requested not to do so ?

Not trying to be argumentative - I'm just offering a alternative interpretation of the comment and @kellyreno can confirm either way :like:

WD :like:

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
Yeah, you gotta assume dealerships are retarded because they are… but nag about minor stuff like that its just pointless…. Mustangs, not bugattis….

kellyreno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Maybe I understood the comment differently, but I didn't read it that the water spots were the main problem ?

I read it as the water spots were simply an indication that the dealer had washed the car, when they had been specifically requested not to do so ?

Not trying to be argumentative - I'm just offering a alternative interpretation of the comment and @kellyreno can confirm either way :like:

WD :like:
I told the salesman it didnt want it run through after the service managers 4x4 truck on Monday morning. No plastic brushes on a $56,000 car. Again it was sitting in the showroom, spotless. Probably did it to be spiteful. Water drops inside the mirrors, bumpers proved it.

kellyreno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Of course. I waited 6 months for this car to come in after my last mustang being declared a lemon. I don’t appreciate having the trim come off on my day-old brand new car
What was wrong with the 1st one? I always thought lemon laws were all hype. Surprised you went back to the same whipping post.
Sponsored