Sponsored

Just delivered, but with a problem.

KeiRodez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Convertible w/PP
So my Mustang just arrived at the dealer today, but I got a call from the sales manager (who I am friends with) that the front fender and driver's door are rubbing. It was bad enough to rub some paint off and cause a small dent. He's getting the door realigned now. He said I can pick the car up now and bring it back later for them to correct the paint, or wait until they fix it. It's totally up to me.

So it comes down to this,
I really would love to pick up the car now and enjoy it for a few days. Would it be a mistake to pick it up now and bring it back to have the dent and paint fixed? (He's also giving me a GT rental)
Or should I wait even longer and let them fix paint and dent first before picking it up? Toughest part is I've been waiting on a my Mustang since December. I reordered in February.
-Grrrrr. This is a tough decision! :doh:
Sponsored

ORANG50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
665rwhp 531rwtq
I'd wait, and look it over very carefully before signing the papers. Then there is no question who is responsible for fixing anything if the repair doesn't come back 100%.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
WAIT, especially because they're giving you a nice rental to tide you over.

OP
OP
KeiRodez

KeiRodez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd wait, and look it over very carefully before signing the papers. Then there is no question who is responsible for fixing anything if the repair doesn't come back 100%.
WAIT, especially because they're giving you a nice rental to tide you over.
These are good points. It's really tough to wait, but I guess I'll do that so I don't get screwed over. I'm starting to wonder if I should even accept the car? This is really disappointing since this is my second order after the first one was screwed up. WHERE is quality control?! Someone isn't doing their job!

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
two threads? really?

Sponsored

OP
OP
KeiRodez

KeiRodez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
two threads? really?
Yes. Two threads. Really. I know a lot of the guys only check one sub forum - especially when it comes to people ordering vs the general forum. Normally I would never do that, but I'm not making a 41k purchase without hearing the most opinions that I can. Everyone has been very helpful.

Cheers.

aspensilver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2006 MBenz SLK55 AMG - '97 BMW 540I - 2010 Audi S4
If it was me I'd reject the car, that's almost like buying it new with a minor accident

OP
OP
KeiRodez

KeiRodez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If it was me I'd reject the car, that's almost like buying it new with a minor accident
I know. :doh: I've been debating back and forth with this. Everything else on the car is absolutely perfect! I didn't sign any papers yet thankfully, if they can fix it and make it look absolutely perfect I'll be okay - but that's a big if... They're supposed to have it fixed sometime this week. I'll be checking it over super closely.

mike62

Mike62
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My GT is due for delivery on 5/2. How long should it take to look over a car. In the past I just buy one from lot. I want to make sure everything is perfect with the car. Not sure what all I would look for and how I go about inspecting the car. Any help

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
+1

Blaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black V6 Vert, manual, 051A, 3:55, no spoiler
I've been reading numerous accounts of misaligned panels, doors, etc., here What is happening at that Ford plant in Flat Rock? Never heard or seen sh*t like this for decades. :shocked:
Sponsored