Sponsored

Jussie Smollett: publicity-polictical stunt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
Ended as I expected, waiting to read later this summer that the policeman is retiring early. Nice to have friends in high places
This has nothing to do with the officers and detectives that did their job. They went out and put the evidence together, so much so that a grand jury indicted on numerous counts. This failure falls on the states attorney office. The people who put in the work to bring this case to light are probably the ones who are most pissed at the outcome since all that work was for nothing.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
This has nothing to do with the officers and detectives that did their job. They went out and put the evidence together, so much so that a grand jury indicted on numerous counts. This failure falls on the states attorney office. The people who put in the work to bring this case to light are probably the ones who are most pissed at the outcome since all that work was for nothing.
Don't worry, if they are bothered much they will be taken care of, apparently the Obamas reach in Chicago is still long. A few promotions, transfer to a better precinct will smooth the ruffled feathers.

Last edited:

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Makes no sense but not really surprised.

Hoping for Federal charges also.

They said they dropped the charges due to his community service he already served (18 hours with Jessie Jackson).

However, I am not sure how 16 felony charges could not possibly at the very LEAST have added 500+ additional hours and would leave his record with felonies on it.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Triggered much?
No, Hack, I don't get triggered (cool trendy concept). Thanks though for asking. I appreciate your interest and concern for my emotional well being.

Do you happen to know the answer to my question?

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
No, Hack, I don't get triggered (cool trendy concept). Thanks though for asking. I appreciate your interest and concern for my emotional well being.

Do you happen to know the answer to my question?
I happen to know it's completely off topic to the discussion. And you are really stubborn asking over and over about it. It must be very important to you.

Maybe you should start a new thread asking about it.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Got it. But why write it that way?
First time you asked that.

Now you make me curious. Would you mind saying why you want to know why he wrote it that way? And what is "that way"?

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1

Sponsored

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I happen to know it's completely off topic to the discussion. And you are really stubborn asking over and over about it. It must be very important to you.

Maybe you should start a new thread asking about it.
I disagree, Hack. The choice of (unconventional) terms implies the poster is communicating a particular message about Smollett's claim of innocence. I am simply asking what that is.

First time you asked that.

Now you make me curious. Would you mind saying why you want to know why he wrote it that way? And what is "that way"?
That way is a way other than "I didn't do anything," which is what I think it means.

Ebonics: https://www.linguisticsociety.org/content/what-ebonics-african-american-english

Slang terms and language are sometimes used by people in varying degrees in various situations.
I doubt CAL Captain meant it that way. Smollett (if guilty) committed a disgusting act, no doubt. But there's also no doubt that no matter how disgusting he (or his act) may or may not be, he has command of the English language. Further, CAL Captain is an accomplished professional who would not fall into Smollett's (potential) trap by racial stereotyping. Hence, the reason I asked.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
In the U.S. if you want to get away with anything, make sure to have a lot of money, influence, celebrity, etc and you are golden!

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I can't help but think that since this case was seen as a showcase for Trump fans and since the left failed to provide anything but misinformation and the subsequent adjudication results regarding the Trump, Russia, Mueller debacle, that they just conspired this takeaway of justice as revenge. Makes me wonder......

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I disagree, Hack. The choice of (unconventional) terms implies the poster is communicating a particular message about Smollett's claim of innocence. I am simply asking what that is.
I thought he was mocking a certain way of speaking. Is that important in your Brave New World?

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I thought he was mocking a certain way of speaking. Is that important in your Brave New World?
That could be the case, though Smollett's speech pattern seems unremarkable--typical American English. Either way, out of respect, I prefer not to make assumptions about the thoughts of others. Hence, again, my reason for asking. I am not sure what Brave New World you're referring to.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.