Sponsored

July 2016 Mustang Sales Numbers (Updated with Charts)

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
So reading Bloomberg GMs record north american income fueled by trucks, higher prices. According to GM cfo Stevens. How long will people pay high prices on turds before there sales fall..
Another interesting find the Detroit News reports that GMs north american sales fell 1.9%. Yes Ford's sales fell 2.8% but GMs biggest loser was chevy which saw a 5.3% drop in sales.
Sponsored

Chargersfan81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Race Red
That $3700 dollar number gets thrown around a lot. But nobody is taking into account how much of that is cost for upgrades over the 5th gen. The 8 speed auto costs more! The engine Costs more! The slightly better interior costs more! I bet GM is lucky to get 30% of that $3700.
I agree with this.

However, the V6/2.0T should NOT cost more than the V6/EB. The base and mid tier trims should be strong but you can throw that out the window when dealers are loading the V6 for 35k+! Okay so it got a bit lighter than previous Gen but who cares?! No one really buy those cars to be a high lever performer.

I understand the V8 got a lot of upgrades but the 2.0T/V6 price increase is absurd.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
I agree with this.

However, the V6/2.0T should NOT cost more than the V6/EB. The base and mid tier trims should be strong but you can throw that out the window when dealers are loading the V6 for 35k+! Okay so it got a bit lighter than previous Gen but who cares?! No one really buy those cars to be a high lever performer.

I understand the V8 got a lot of upgrades but the 2.0T/V6 price increase is absurd.
Rest assured, anyone in a V6 or 2.0T is a sucker.

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
Prices, Comparable Models

2017 CAMARO
1LT: $27,300
2LT: $31,400
1SS: $37,900
2SS: $42,900

2017 MUSTANG
Base V6: $24,645
Base EB: $25,645
Prem EB: $31,440
Base GT: $32,645
Prem GT: $36,645

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
None of the logic makes sense there. I just have to stop coming to these threads at this point because they could literally sell one Camaro in August and they will still say everything is good. The whole concept of GM charging more to sell less doesn't even make sense the way they try to spin it. There isn't enough overcharge for them to successfully sell almost less than HALF the volume of the Mustang to make large profits. No business sells a product only to break even or to make a little "Extra" profit. If they are selling the Camaro and put all of the R&D into it, they want to make BIG profits from it. I can't see how they are making BIG profits if they are underselling the competition. Oh wait that's right... they think that Camaro no longer is competing against the Mustang, LOL. A car that's barely a second greater in performance is now no longer Mustang competition.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
None of the logic makes sense there. I just have to stop coming to these threads at this point because they could literally sell one Camaro in August and they will still say everything is good. The whole concept of GM charging more to sell less doesn't even make sense the way they try to spin it. There isn't enough overcharge for them to successfully sell almost less than HALF the volume of the Mustang to make large profits. No business sells a product only to break even or to make a little "Extra" profit. If they are selling the Camaro and put all of the R&D into it, they want to make BIG profits from it. I can't see how they are making BIG profits if they are underselling the competition. Oh wait that's right... they think that Camaro no longer is competing against the Mustang, LOL. A car that's barely a second greater in performance is now no longer Mustang competition.
It is up against the Veyron, Koenigsegg one, etc.:D

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Regardless of how anybody tries to spin anything, the Mustang and Camaro will always be linked. The magazines may say the Camaro is the superior car, but the general public will always compare Mustang and Camaro. It's like Bears vs Packers, Cubs vs Cardinals. Even if one is better than the other there will always be a rivalry between them

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
most of them are trying to justify spending the 45k or whatever the 2ss costs. real world testing shows that its maybe a half second faster, and once you tune a mustang its not even an issue. from what i seen GM got as much as they could out of the factory tune so its not like you are picking up the power the GTs are doing with a tune. they always come back to "well its faster than the mustang" yet its not really as liveable as a daily, especially since you cant see a damn thing out of it! :headbonk:

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
They want to compare it to the M4 and cars of that class because it's a sales comparison they can win, nothing more.

Camaro6 has become a haven for people who think that vinyl stripes, tints, wheels and a CAI is a "performance build" and talk trash.

Sponsored

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
To summarize:

-The Camaro's are about 5 grand more for a v8.

-They perform marginally better in speed and handling.

-Subjective aspects (better looking, better visibility, better interior design) are hard to quantify in a discussion such as this, but are likely the unspoken elephant in the room. I found it EXTREMELY telling that their design leader had a focus group which acknowledged visibility and design issues, but chose to not change those elements based largely on opinions of Gen5 owners who already implicitly demonstrated they were ok with those choices. This is incredibly incompetent, unless they were only concerned with impressing people who already owned 5th gen cars and no one else.

-They are selling half the number of Mustangs sold.

-Its a brand new generation, their sales should be UP, not down.

-They claim they are averaging $3,700 more per transaction compared to last generation. Without knowing cost/profit breakdown, its irrelevant.

-They have a HUGE amount of stock sitting on dealer lots. A 5 month supply. This costs dealers tremendously. Mustang dealers have a 2 month supply based on current sales numbers. This can't be overstated. If GM's plan was really 'lets make a more expensive version with superior performance but with low sales numbers which are offset by increased profit margin', its failing. They obviously have more supply than is called for by demand, and they and their dealers suffer from it. Its costly to have 25,000+ Camaros sitting on lots when they only sell 5000 a month.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
This will kill the Camaro and vett forever.
http://www.mustang6g.com/?p=9611

It's going to kill the camaro but what is going to kill the vett is turning it into a mid engine $ 100.000 plus car.
I was talking to a writer of a Corvette publication last Fri. He stated that a GM insider said the mid-engine Corvette should hit the streets as MY '20. Looks like they plan on competing with the likes of the Porsche 918, McLaren P1, Ferrari LeFerrari & the Ford GT.

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
... The magazines may say the Camaro is the superior car ...
Superior in relation to what?

Sure, 1SS vs Base GT with PP the SS has ...

• better skid pad numbers better by .04 g
  • braking shorter from 70 mph by 10 ft
  • .6 mph advantage in the slalom
  • 1 mph higher top speed
  • .5 sec quicker 0-60 mph
  • .7 sec faster quarter
But the 1SS costs $1,360 more than the Stang GT w/PP, and you still can't see out of it. Camaro is not on my radar, hasn't been since the 80's.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Superior in relation to what?

Sure, 1SS vs Base GT with PP the SS has ...

• better skid pad numbers better by .04 g
  • braking shorter from 70 mph by 10 ft
  • .6 mph advantage in the slalom
  • 1 mph higher top speed
  • .5 sec quicker 0-60 mph
  • .7 sec faster quarter
But the 1SS costs $1,360 more than the Stang GT w/PP, and you still can't see out of it. Camaro is not on my radar, hasn't been since the 80's.
So that's what it looks like to be in a whole other class! :lol::lol:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
So that's what it looks like to be in a whole other class! :lol::lol:
Damn. I am selling my car right now for $25k just so I can get ride of it. This includes all my mods, wheels/tires etc which equates to 11k total in mods. I must sell it ASAP. Like, in the next 10 minutes and go buy me a 2SS:D:ford:
Sponsored