Sponsored

July 2016 Mustang Sales Numbers (Updated with Charts)

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
The discussion isn't going to be about the "raw numbers" but about profit.

Mark my words, that's the new spin...sure the Camaro is selling 40% less than the Mustang, but profits are higher so in reality it's the more successful car.

That's what the party line spin will be.
Camaro fanboys will spin like a spindle top, and will run out of momentum and drop dead.:D:D
Sponsored

Blue_Spirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
The camaro costs too much which is why I'm looking for a GT. I currently own a 5th gen camaro and the visibility is not as bad as everyone says, you just need to know how to adjust your mirrors properly.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Since when did anyone know what the manufacturing profits were? Prove it.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Ok you guys are going a bit too far now. Keep in mind one thing, when the 5th Gen Camaro was introduced, they consistently outsold the Mustang every year up until the S550 was introduced. And there were only a few months in there where the Mustang outsold the Camaro. Ford is ahead now. I think it is because the Camaro was much better looking than the Mustang from 2010-2015. And people suffered thru the horrible visibility because the looks made up for it. But now that the Mustang is better looking, and the Camaro re-design is just hideous (as well as over-priced and they still didn't address the visibility), there is no wonder why the Camaro isn't selling. Even the Challenger is outselling the Camaro. I personally think the Chally is a horrible performance bang to the buck. But I would probably buy one over a Camaro. I mean, the Camaro is just a very ugly car now. I think GM is gonna have to give it an emergency make-over very very soon.

But I also think the reason is that Ford is giving out great deals for optioned out GTs. So far I've seen a LOT of Premium PP GTs in the high 30s to low 40s. The SS out the door is over 50 for the optioned out ones and these dealerships are acting like they're sitting on gold. You can't be arrogant about a car that doesn't sell...

But anyway, I mean, come on guys, have some class. All this going over there and posting what they're saying over here is kinda childish.
It was never outsold by ~2:1.

Dudie7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
The discussion isn't going to be about the "raw numbers" but about profit.

"Nvrsatisfied" will say "the numbers don't matter. GM's profits are up and Ford's is tanking".

Mark my words, that's the new spin...sure the Camaro is selling 40% less than the Mustang, but profits are higher so in reality it's the more successful car.

That's what the party line spin will be.
That guy is off his rocker...

Sponsored

Dudie7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT

Chargersfan81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Race Red

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
The earnings comment is a joke, cars like the camaro are a drop in the bucket for the company compared to all the trucks and sedans.

GM did the same screw up by making the CTS so much more expensive than the last gen, and they sold like crap. The new CTS-V is 20k more than last gen. Why does the Camaro cost so much anyways, its using major GM components that were already developed: ATS derivative chassis and corvette engine. Mustang is its own platform yet cheaper???

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I see another government buy out. Way to go GM.

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
This thread should be CLOSED by the Mods,it has gone way beyond being STUPID.Each and every month it is all about the Camaro and GM,you F---ing Idiots need to grow up and get a life.:doh::paddle::amen:

Sponsored
OP
OP
garagelogic

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Ok you guys are going a bit too far now. Keep in mind one thing, when the 5th Gen Camaro was introduced, they consistently outsold the Mustang every year up until the S550 was introduced. And there were only a few months in there where the Mustang outsold the Camaro. Ford is ahead now. I think it is because the Camaro was much better looking than the Mustang from 2010-2015. And people suffered thru the horrible visibility because the looks made up for it. But now that the Mustang is better looking, and the Camaro re-design is just hideous (as well as over-priced and they still didn't address the visibility), there is no wonder why the Camaro isn't selling. Even the Challenger is outselling the Camaro. I personally think the Chally is a horrible performance bang to the buck. But I would probably buy one over a Camaro. I mean, the Camaro is just a very ugly car now. I think GM is gonna have to give it an emergency make-over very very soon.

But I also think the reason is that Ford is giving out great deals for optioned out GTs. So far I've seen a LOT of Premium PP GTs in the high 30s to low 40s. The SS out the door is over 50 for the optioned out ones and these dealerships are acting like they're sitting on gold. You can't be arrogant about a car that doesn't sell...

But anyway, I mean, come on guys, have some class. All this going over there and posting what they're saying over here is kinda childish.
Actually, the Mustang outsold the Camaro the year before the S550 was released. Camaro has been down since 2014.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
this is what they get for doing a refresh instead of a total redesign... transformers can only sell so many turds.

the end of the day they are just way overpriced that's the problem.

Last edited:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
This will kill the Camaro and vett forever.
http://www.mustang6g.com/?p=9611

GM should just go out of business for good. The Camaro is about as retarted as the fast and delirious franchise

OP
OP
garagelogic

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
On paper the dealer can state they are giving you a higher trade value to get you to accept the sale, but most times they are lowering the selling price of the new car to make up the difference. I go in and barter a cab price and get the lowest I can, then I tell them I have a trade in to be appraised. That way I will know exactly what I'm getting on trade and selling price
This genius thinks nobody else knows how to conduct a car deal. Not to mention he seems confused on how the process works.

DiPsTiCk

CrAzY dRiVeR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang/64 Falcon Deluxe Station Wagon
I see another government buy out. Way to go GM.
You know at this point it makes me wonder.

Are the truly meeting sales goals? I would certainly think not. It would certainly be one thing if it was at the end of it's run but it's actually the polar opposite. They just came out with this car.

Same with the malibu. couldn't help but notice they took a BIG time beating in sales this month on that car as well and they just came out with it also. Didn't they run 0% this month? Can you imagine what the sales would be like if they didn't?!

this is what the get for doing a refresh instead of a total redesign... transformers can only sell so many turds.

the end of the day they are just way overpriced that's the problem.
Yes, precisely.

Brand new generation looking like a re-fresh+overpriced=disaster.
Sponsored