Sponsored

July 2016 Mustang Sales Numbers (Updated with Charts)

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
Wow, the above quote is funny....
I've always thought this is interesting human behavior.
Evidently, if you drive a Camaro, you might not be a good person.

We do all realize that the Camaro most closely matches a Mustang....more than any other car on the road?!?
So, to find Mustangs appealing, one would also realize the similarities the Camaro shares with our beloved Mustang.
Long hood, short deck, V8 powered, rear wheel drive, American muscle car.
Why do so many people pick a side, then justify their choice by hating the alternative, but very simular choice?

Hate on Prius, Civic, Corolla, Minivans if you must...but why the distain for something so similar to your choice in automobile? Could it be that we're scared we made the wrong choice? Bashing is mostly an attempt to justify to yourself that you made the correct choice?

With that being said....go Ford :ford: Camaros Suck!! Haha
That's an odd post. lol

Camaro/Mustang rivalry has been in existence since their introduction some 50 years ago. Everyone is aware of this, it's common knowledge.

Having been involved in various car clubs and attended hundreds of car shows proves that (to varying degrees) this is the case. That is why it was necessary for me to make the comment that I did.

Admit there are issues, and attack them directly. :cool:

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
I'm not sure what the excitement is all about ...

As my earlier post indicated, Mustang beat Camaro 32 out of the 42 years they competed against each other. That pretty much says it all.

Quackfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Premium
I'm not sure why people feel the need to pre-start a sales thread :p . It really feels like a bunch of kids rushing to beat the others to some school yard gossip.

Sponsored

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
I'm not sure why people feel the need to pre-start a sales thread :p . It really feels like a bunch of kids rushing to beat the others to some school yard gossip.
Yup.

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
I personally do not care about pre sale threads... but I do care about the sale threads for one reason... Proof to GM fan boys that performance doesn't sell this type of car. GM continually forgets about this... We don't need a mini corvette in this market... Camaro SS was meant to compete with a grand touring car... Get with the program GM and make a competitive GT car .. and sports car Second. The SS on the Zeta platform had it right.... The new SS has it wrong.. I'm appalled at how GM thinks their strategy was even a remotely good idea.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
So do the V6 sales signify that they will discontinue it in 2018?

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
i mean if the sales tank how bad does it have to get before GM stops production? would be a shame at its "50th" anniversary..

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Don't get me going on the bullshit 50th Anniversary Camaro. No such thing.

Sponsored

MustangS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
'15 Vert GT
tomorrow can't come soon enough hehe.

:D

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Sat in the new camaro for the first time today. I can see why they are not selling that well. Full disclosure just rode as a passenger, it was a rental v6 that my buddy has for a few days.

The good
Fast for a 6 cylinder, I was surprised with the acceleration it had
Second it sounded good for a 6, was not expecting it to have a pleasant sound, never been a fan of anything less than an 8 except for certain outliers like a Subaru or Porsche.
Flat bottom steering wheel, nice touch surprised that more cars like it don't have them.
That's about it

The bad,
Interior is horrible, not just the materials which are subpar at best but the layout and controls are stupid. The seats are way too low to make it very uncomfortable to have your arm hang out.
The ac controls are in a dumb place and the controls for it while different, are just dumb. Kudos for trying Chevy but you did not reinvent ac controls, stick to the basics.
The center screen slants down, I know the reason is to reduce glare but it is a bad way to do it. It truly seems that they relized this way late in the design process and just took the cheapest option to solve the issue. A lot of the interior feels this way, it was on the back burner to the performance and that is a shame.
Now seeing out of this is not as hard as everyone had been saying, maybe I need to drive to understand but it really was not that bad.

That is what I noticed in the 30 minutes I drove in it. It's clear that Chevy nailed it on the performance aspect of the car, trickledown economics benefited the performance in numerous ways. I'm surprised that chevy stopped there. You would think that the interior should be as, if not more important than the performance since that is where we will be in the car. I just got rid of my vette cause yes it performed well but just sucked to be in. Comfort matters. I don't have a mustang yet and I still need to sit in the new one but if it comes close to my last one or my hell cat then I will choose it over a camaro regardless of a few tenths of better performance

I see now why the camaro is hurting in sales so bad. Its not price it's the horrible interior. Get your act together chevy.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
i mean if the sales tank how bad does it have to get before GM stops production? would be a shame at its "50th" anniversary..
Might be 50years since the 1st camaro was built but its only been made for 42 years. The Mustang killed camaro in 2002 and it looks like and I hope it will again.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
It's actually better for 'us' if the Camaro sells well. More incentive for Ford to innovate.
Oh boy !!! Ford has continued to better and innovated the Mustang. Mustang killed camaro and Ford kepted making it better. 300hp standard V8 when most cars in the US barely had 200hp. It was the retro modern 2005 Mustang that brought the camaro back to life all be it 6 years later.I hope Mustang kills camaro again. :ford:

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
Oh boy !!! Ford has continued to better and innovated the Mustang. Mustang killed camaro and Ford kepted making it better. 300hp standard V8 when most cars in the US barely had 200hp. It was the retro modern 2005 Mustang that brought the camaro back to life all be it 6 years later.I hope Mustang kills camaro again. :ford:
Retro actually brought 64' Mustang to 67' Camaro, then Camaro 5th Gen, and 6th Gen.
If there werent for Mustang there wouldn't be a Camaro today and the list goes on.

Thunder Bird=Corvette
Lincoln Black Wood Pickup=Cadillac Pickup
Lincoln Navigator=Cadillac Escalade
The list goes on...
Sponsored