Jmeo's 2020 Shelby American GT500 SE Wide Body Build (+ "Phase 2")

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
That is an impressive and good looking Shelby. I can only imagine your total investment at this point. I am going to guess it is the most expensive modern GT500 around short of the Green Hornet auction car.
Thanks my friend. I am lucky enough to afford what I have done, and have a great wife that enjoys my passion with me. This one is different than my past builds because it is a Shelby American car now that will hold a value far better than not. I didn't buy this car and do what I did to be an investment anyway. I wanted the best experience I could build, and I am more than happy with how it turned out.

Every time I look at this car, I am blown away with how it came out. That's how I know it was well worth the money I invested in it. Looking forward to a full car season this year. Hope to see some of you out there.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Since there are zero options for an aftermarket map light housing (besides overlays), I sent mine to the guy who did my side scoops. Since the work he did on them is almost indistinguishable from real carbon fiber, I thought it was worth the gamble.

tempImagef56ZL6.jpg

tempImagey95R9g.jpg

I think the juice WAS worth the squeeze. Thats it, now I have completed my interior carbon fiber plans. I think.

Okay, NOW just one more thing.....

Last edited:

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Since there is zero options for an aftermarket map light housing (besides overlays), I sent mine to the guy who did my side scoops. Since the work he did on them is almost indistinguishable from real carbon fiber, I thought it was worth the gamble.

tempImagef56ZL6.jpg

tempImagey95R9g.jpg

I think the juice WAS worth the squeeze. Thats it, now I have completed my interior carbon fiber plans. I think.

Okay, NOW just one more thing.....
It’s never done. Lol

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
What a big difference!

tempImageZtJ5Cc.jpg

tempImageh1enIl.jpg
Not a huge fan of carbon fiber but I really can’t wait to see your interior when it’s all put back together!

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Interior complete......almost. Map light console fully assembled

tempImageX27T0G.jpg

Everything installed

tempImage3G05tv.jpg

tempImageqyK2qR.jpg

tempImagePPnHf9.jpg

Here is a visual of how it all came out.

I have done this to all my previous mustangs, and it's one of my favorite mods. Diode Dynamic map light bulbs, visor mirror bulbs, and glove box bulb. I cannot believe they still have not changed to LED from the factory.

tempImageGEzRpZ.jpg

Example of the difference. Drivers side and map lights swapped, passenger side is stock yellow bulbs.

tempImageQtnUF7.jpg

I had to go to the firehouse to repair a broken radiator hose on our engine today and I parked next to my work vehicle. I find it interesting that the plate assigned to my 2020 Durango is D760. D is the Roman numeral for 500 and 760 is the stock HP rating on the GT500. Funny coincidence.

tempImageEFDGG7.jpg
y

Last edited:

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue GT500 CFTP
Interior complete......almost. Map light console fully assembled

tempImageX27T0G.jpg

Everything installed

tempImage3G05tv.jpg

tempImageqyK2qR.jpg

tempImagePPnHf9.jpg

Here is a visual of how it all came out.

I have done this to all my previous mustangs, and it's one of my favorite mods. Diode Dynamic map light bulbs, visor mirror bulbs, and glove box bulb. I cannot believe they still have not changed to LED from the factory.

tempImageGEzRpZ.jpg

Example of the difference. Drivers side and map lights swapped, passenger side is stock yellow bulbs.

tempImageQtnUF7.jpg

I had to go to the firehouse to repair a broken radiator hose on our engine today and I parked next to my work vehicle. I find it interesting that the plate assigned to my 2020 Durango is D760. D is the Roman numeral for 500 and 760 is the stock HP rating on the GT500. Funny coincidence.

tempImageEFDGG7.jpg
y
Simply beautiful bro

bent98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT 500
jmeo, how is the MSS suspension? I was thinking about putting it in my base GT 500

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
jmeo, how is the MSS suspension? I was thinking about putting it in my base GT 500
He actually took it off and put in the CFTP springs
how come?
See post #1671
For all the reasons shown and mentioned I would not swap to anything other than stock CFTP springs if you are driving on any street that isn't consistently flat or you will hit the splitter on everything. Car rode and handled amazing with MSS suspension when it was at the lowest setting. Otherwise the CFTP springs are superior IMHO

bent98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT 500
For all the reasons shown and mentioned I would not swap to anything other than stock CFTP springs if you are driving on any street that isn't consistently flat or you will hit the splitter on everything. Car rode and handled amazing with MSS suspension when it was at the lowest setting. Otherwise the CFTP springs are superior IMHO
Can you tell me what your wheel gap is front and back?

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Can you tell me what your wheel gap is front and back?
Not near it to measure but it is the same as any CFTP car, which if I had to guess will be 1-2 inches of wheel gap. If you look in my phots that i have posted you can see there isn't much.