Jmeo's 2020 Shelby American GT500 SE Wide Body Build (+ "Phase 2")

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
What wheels are those?
The Shelby American (by BC Forged) Signature Edition package wheels that are a part of the Signature Edition package I purchased for my car. They are available to be purchased separately form Shelby, and directly from BC Forged. If you go through BC they are not stamped with "SHELBY", "AMERICAN", and "FORGED" on the face of the wheel, and they do not come with Shelby branded center caps.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Pieces are slowly arriving. At least I can now reassemble and install my door panels. It was a little weird having to roll the windows down to open the doors from the outside to be able to get out of the vehicle, lol.

MPR has been very good to work with and the custom work on these pieces is spectacular. Plus who doesn’t like free swag?

E76456ED-5DE8-449D-B36B-9AAE49AE0C59.jpeg

D75C8BAA-5CFE-4A7D-B25F-F988D1BCBB16.jpeg

6BF0858E-24F0-4DE9-B5BE-48769F14BD9D.jpeg
I saw their interior set, wish they would do forged. 😒

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I saw their interior set, wish they would do forged. 😒
Yah, I imagine it is not possible to have blankets of forged carbon to lay down over the stock pieces, so that's the problem I think.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Yah, I imagine it is not possible to have blankets of forged carbon to lay down over the stock pieces, so that's the problem I think.
Correct, they typically come in bags of chopped fiber and you lay it by hand. Unfortunately the owner of MPR hates the forged look (his words) so I’ll have to find someone to skin my stock parts.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well, finally got my rocker pieces back!

6561E1C9-2550-4E4B-9EA4-80ACAD2FC599.jpeg

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Very nice! Are they skinned stock pieces or full replacement CF?
Ok full disclosure, and long story……

I wanted real carbon pieces. Because the world is “down with the sickness”, Shelby American still has not been able to get me a set of real carbon pieces. There was a set made but I’m just a peon, so I couldn’t have them. They still (2 years later) have not worked out more pieces with their supplier (not Anderson).

So, I made plans with MPR last year to skin mine over the winter, that’s why I sent them them year. Long story but the people who do the work were not confident they would hold up to outside the car elements, and also wouldn’t do it for a price I felt comfortable paying (especially after them saying they themselves were not confident about them holding up).

So a month ago they were getting shipped back to me untouched. My plan was to paint and clear them because they were flat black and slightly textured so everything stuck to them.

Then, I decided to, gasp … hydro dip them.

A buddy of mine set me up with someone he knew who was incredibly good and who’s work looked so good most people didn’t know. So, that’s what I did.

He did an amazing job. He sanded them down, dipped the inside of the scoops (by my request) , then the outside, then clear coated everything. I have never seen a CF hydro dip piece look this good before.

I had to make a choice. The rest of the car is carbon. Since it’s a SA car, it has proprietary scoops, so nobody makes them. Either I went this route, or had carbon everything and black plastic scoops. I made the decision to do it this way, and it came out better than I though it would.

I told you it was a long story.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Ok full disclosure, and long story……

I wanted real carbon pieces. Because the world is “down with the sickness”, Shelby American still has not been able to get me a set of real carbon pieces. There was a set made but I’m just a peon, so I couldn’t have them. They still (2 years later) have not worked out more pieces with their supplier (not Anderson).

So, I made plans with MPR last year to skin mine over the winter, that’s why I sent them them year. Long story but the people who do the work were not confident they would hold up to outside the car elements, and also wouldn’t do it for a price I felt comfortable paying (especially after them saying they themselves were not confident about them holding up).

So a month ago they were getting shipped back to me untouched. My plan was to paint and clear them because they were flat black and slightly textured so everything stuck to them.

Then, I decided to, gasp … hydro dip them.

A buddy of mine set me up with someone he knew who was incredibly good and who’s work looked so good most people didn’t know. So, that’s what I did.

He did an amazing job. He sanded them down, dipped the inside of the scoops (by my request) , then the outside, then clear coated everything. I have never seen a CF hydro dip piece look this good before.

I had to make a choice. The rest of the car is carbon. Since it’s a SA car, it has proprietary scoops, so nobody makes them. Either I went this route, or had carbon everything and black plastic scoops. I made the decision to do it this way, and it came out better than I though it would.

I told you it was a long story.
We’ll it looks good so as long as you’re happy.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Got the side scoops and the MPR door panel CF installed today :sunglasses:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Now I am only waiting for one more piece.......

tempImagePZNIWV.jpg

tempImagee1feFu.jpg

tempImageIbmgXz.jpg

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Got the side scoops and the MPR door panel CF installed today :sunglasses:

That is an impressive and good looking Shelby. I can only imagine your total investment at this point. I am going to guess it is the most expensive modern GT500 around short of the Green Hornet auction car.