Jmeo's 2020 Shelby American GT500 SE Wide Body Build (+ "Phase 2")

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Jaime are you going to send that thing in for the KR treatment? That would be a rare bird if you did
Negative. I’m contemplate getting a Shelby branded Whipple to add to my SE though, but I’m not sure I want to.

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
Jamie, I wish you lived closer. I would be hitting you up to use your garage all the time! :)

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Jamie, I wish you lived closer. I would be hitting you up to use your garage all the time! :)
If ever in the area, hit me up, we will see if we can meet up :beer:

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
If ever in the area, hit me up, we will see if we can meet up :beer:
I like to hide in the bushes and sneak pics of your car when know one is looking.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Hi Jaime. Your car just keeps getting better and better. Continues to be my favorite on the forum. Best wishes for a happy holiday season for you and your family!!

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I like to hide in the bushes and sneak pics of your car when know one is looking.
I though I heard something……..

Hi Jaime. Your car just keeps getting better and better. Continues to be my favorite on the forum. Best wishes for a happy holiday season for you and your family!!
Your too kind buddy, but thanks. Happy holidays to you and yours as well :champagne:

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
I finally got around to testing out some spacers. I reached out to Tim at OP Performance, and he was nice enough to send me (2) 15mm, and (2) 20mm hub-centric spacers to test fit. These are easily the nicest quality spacers I have ever seen.

tempImageVCYRJ1.jpg

tempImageuvcg9d.jpg

tempImagexb5k3n.jpg

tempImagerQy2mV.jpg

I installed the 20mm spacers on the drivers side, and the 15mm on the passengers side. I can make arguments for both sizes, but I think I am going with the 15mm version. These leave 100% thread engagement (using 3" ARP studs), and give me the look I was looking for.

tempImageTRHf0a.jpg

tempImageBSPBAw.jpg

tempImageuLdUDG.jpg

tempImageHW4Thd.jpg

I know there is no way you guys can tell such a thing from just pictures alone, but the drivers side (20mm) poke just a bit. The plan is, Tim will have a set of them made bare aluminum clear coated, as opposed to black anodized. This way they will not be too noticeable.

This past Thursday, I had the pleasure of attending the local Bass Pro show with a bunch of friends, but most importantly my brother. My dad died 11 years ago after a THIRTY NINE DAY battle with cancer. When he died, his piece of shit wife sold all his possessions, for pennies on the dollar. She then abandoned the house to foreclosure, and took the money and ran. Karma will get her in the end, I HOPE!

My dad's 1963 1/2 Ford Galaxie 500 XL was one of his prise possessions that was taken from my brothers and I. He spent 5 years back in the late 80's, early 90's building this car from the ground up. She ended up selling it at a fine arts auction (yes, I said fine arts), and it went for 20k less than it should have (stupid idiot). My brother wanted this car so bad, but he was denied the chance to get it, because she wanted the money for herself. Well, after a 10 year search, he found it only 20 miles away from us. It was left in a garage, never to be touched (thankfully). He was able to strike a deal and buy it back, and he has spent the last three years getting it roadworthy again.

Well, this was the first time we got to go to a show together. This was a big deal for us. My father raised us as car guys, and took us to car shows our whole lives. He continued to go to shows until the day his health failed.

This is why car shows mean so much to me.....

tempImageHyQ9ID.jpg

We got here 2 hours early to enjoy the experience, but there was no joke 1,500 cars here by the time we left.

tempImageTz1qWu.jpg

tempImageVCyJUh.jpg

tempImageKxKZ8x.jpg

So for those of us with the CFTP cars there are no studs currently in existence which are long enough to allow you to run a spacer with the stock carbon rims. If you want to run a spacer on the CFTP car you will need to have custom wheel studs made.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So for those of us with the CFTP cars there are no studs currently in existence which are long enough to allow you to run a spacer with the stock carbon rims. If you want to run a spacer on the CFTP car you will need to have custom wheel studs made.
How long are the stock studs on your car?

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
How long are the stock studs on your car?
I’m gonna take my wheel off and measure them. I will let you know. I found out they’re not long enough by putting an open ended lug on there. The Threads are flush with the end of the Lugnuts so there’s no additional thread for a spacer.

I was just gonna run the spacer on the street. If I took it to the track I will take the spacer off and use open ended lugs.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Little gag gift from my children for Christmas. I think they have realized that any college money may have been re-purposed……..

8DAD549C-97EA-4B7F-887D-8B62DA32B7B2.jpeg

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The finished blower plate has finally been installed. The black one was a bit bigger than the recessed valley, and was on a slight angle because of it. I also think the aluminum look is more noticeable, and looks more at home compared to the black plate previously installed.

tempImageUwssws.jpg

Not much going on otherwise. I am doing some suspension work over the winter, and having some custom work done with MPR. Who knows what is in store for future mods, but one thing is for sure, I look forward to a full season this coming year to enjoy it.