Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Tune review of the JDM Engineering 93 Octane A6 Tune.

1. The 3 reasons I went with JDM Engineering over the others.

First: I remember talking to Jim Sr. one year at an NMRA event at Royal Purple Raceway in Baytown. He was SUPER helpful and friendly. I saw he was working directly with Saleen which really impressed me.

Second: I saw the thread posted here in the drag section by Nick. I immediately PM'd him and we exchanged 15-20 PMs. He was very friendly and answered all of my noobish questions about the S550 and SCT tuning in general for that matter.

Third: I decided to purchase the tune after talking with Nick. Yes the JDM Tune is a few more dollars than the rest. But with JDM, I felt like I was not just a number. They really cared about my impressions of the tune and took time with my car.

First Impressions:

This tune immediately felt ALOT more powerful than my previous Bama tune. The car shifted quick and precise. I loved the way the firmed shifts felt around town. Felt like a Mustang should. The car would blaze the tires if I commanded, I also loved the chirps in second and third gear, the car had one heck of a pull.

Track Results:

Took the car to Royal Purple Raceway on Friday 12-5-15 For a little test and tune. My first pass I was amazed to see I almost cracked the 11s! 12.11 @ 114mph with a 1.84 60'. Backed it up with a hot lapped next pass of a 12.14 @ 114mph.

This thing felt amazing, and did I mention we are still on the first tune? Nick and Jim actually said they think the car has more in it! They are reviewing my datalogs to see if we can find a tenth! NOW THAT IS SERVICE!

I just wanted to give a huge shout out and a THANK YOU to Nick @ JDM and Jim @ JDM! These guys are the BEST in the business. Hands down.

2015 Mustang GT A6 Premium 3.15 Gears.

Mods:
Roush CAI
JLT Catch Can
Lethal After Cat X Pipe
Roush Axle Back
Nitto NT555R Drag Radials
JDM Engineering 93 Octane Tune

3960lbs Race Weight

12.11 @ 114mph JDM 93 Octane Tune Video
12.14 @ 114mph JDM 93 Octane Tune Video

*****DYNO RESULTS ADDED ON PAGE 2*****
Sponsored

Last edited:

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
That's awesome! Car is definitely moving! Can't wait to tune my car. Wonder how your car would have performed with the 3.55's.

Basically what I'm going for. I have my Roush CAI on order and next year will be DR's and tune.

Need4Speed15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Auto
Nice results man, congrats! Quick question, what do they have your shift-points set to? Thanks

OP
OP
Jayme

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
M
That's awesome! Car is definitely moving! Can't wait to tune my car. Wonder how your car would have performed with the 3.55's.

Basically what I'm going for. I have my Roush CAI on order and next year will be DR's and tune.
In the high 11s with 3.55s. I'll get there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jayme

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Sponsored

Nick@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.teamjdm.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tremor

Let us know if we can help you get there ;)

The car will defiantly be quicker with the 3.55s as it helps with the 60 foot. Our car was running 11.90s consistently with the same mods but we have the 3.55s.

Our shift point are at about 7000-7100 with the 3.55s. We stretch the gears out a little more with the 3.15s to get the most out of 3rd gear before the car hits the traps. Jayme said his was shifting into 4th about 400ft out so we may stretch his out a little more.

Tire size plays a roll in shift point as well so sometimes we have to play with it. There are still some limitations with the software but we have found ways around that for the time being until we get more control over the gear and tire size in the software.

If you already have SCT or want to go with JDM for tuning we can help get you the results you are looking for.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Let us know if we can help you get there ;)

The car will defiantly be quicker with the 3.55s as it helps with the 60 foot. Our car was running 11.90s consistently with the same mods but we have the 3.55s.

Our shift point are at about 7000-7100 with the 3.55s. We stretch the gears out a little more with the 3.15s to get the most out of 3rd gear before the car hits the traps. Jayme said his was shifting into 4th about 400ft out so we may stretch his out a little more.

Tire size plays a roll in shift point as well so sometimes we have to play with it. There are still some limitations with the software but we have found ways around that for the time being until we get more control over the gear and tire size in the software.

If you already have SCT or want to go with JDM for tuning we can help get you the results you are looking for.
Thanks for this post. Great information. Will be considering for next year. Wow and I just noticed, your shop is located like 20 miles from my family in Lakewood.

OP
OP
Jayme

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Tninl16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Was that race weight with you in it?

OP
OP
Jayme

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yes it was. I weigh around 190.

Sponsored

Tninl16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yes it was. I weigh around 190.
Nice. Mine weighed in within 10lbs at royal purple raceway, except I have 18s and still stock exhaust. Congrats with you runs I would love to run those times with your mods. I havn't heard as much about JDM tuning compared to the others but sounds like they have the tune figured out, I will have to look into them when i am ready for a tune. It looks like you have darkstar wheels in the rear for the drag radials?

OP
OP
Jayme

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Nice. Mine weighed in within 10lbs at royal purple raceway, except I have 18s and still stock exhaust. Congrats with you runs I would love to run those times with your mods. I havn't heard as much about JDM tuning compared to the others but sounds like they have the tune figured out, I will have to look into them when i am ready for a tune. It looks like you have darkstar wheels in the rear for the drag radials?
Thanks for the kind words. JDM is the best. The rear wheels are stock '03 GT bullitt style wheels painted black. They were free along with the bald drag radials but im not complaining!

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
Wow I'm interested now. Keep us updated.

86merc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Nice runs. What size radials were on the rear?
Sponsored