Sponsored

It's about time to unbadge my Hennessey...

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
If it is and he had been burned before it's kinda on him not doing a 5 second google search on the next car shop you are about spend mega $$$ at.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
If it is and he had been burned before it's kinda on him not doing a 5 second google search on the next car shop you are about spend mega $$$ at.
Not everyone knows that Hennessy has a bad rep. A lot of people still have no idea.

OP
OP

Badcompany

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hennessey HPE750 Mustang
If youre the same badcompany on svt from the evolution and l&m scandal you have some of the worst luck ive seen
No, not me...lol. one f'ing is enough for me

Sponsored

RitzGT

Serial Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6sp
That old addage about a fool and his money comes to mind.

Seriously, Hennessey has bad news written all over it and it's easy to find the info.

Best,

OP
OP

Badcompany

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hennessey HPE750 Mustang
I knew about the viper debacle, and researched the bad rep a bit, it seemed at the time that he was on a good path. I really just wanted the look, and between the appearance and hp, I justified the cost. I took a shot, and lost. I'll get over it...

As far as the mustang goes, I think they tried to get away with just bolting on the Whipple and parts that go with it, and claimed that they put their own tune in it... I believe Whipple tuned the car, not Hennessey. I could be wrong though. The car runs great, but i have the Whipple flight control, smaller pulley, exhaust parts, etc. ready to install on the car. I'll get a baseline on the dyno in a week or two and then retune it.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
If youre the same badcompany on svt from the evolution and l&m scandal you have some of the worst luck ive seen
What is/was the evolution scandal?

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
It was a 100+ page thread on svtperformance. Just dont let l&m build any engines for you or buy from evolution and youll be great. The thread got deleted a year or so ago per Badcompany's request.
Who and where are L&M and Evolution? I'm guessing there are multiple companies with those initials and that have Evolution in their names.

RushGotti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Damn! This is the first time I hear of this!

Always thought that was a good company, Whenever I hear Hennessy, I automatically assume the best.

Sucks that had to happen!

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
I remember an article in Car And Driver years ago reflecting poorly on them. Vipers at the time.

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
"Hennessey's company has gone though a rough stretch the past few years. Some angry customers accused the Houston tuner of taking their money without delivering cars in a reasonable amount of time. (Editor-in-chief Csaba Csere delved into the matter, and his findings were reported in The Steering Column in September 2002.) Hennessey conceded he'd had problems."

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/hennessey-performance-engineering-venom-600-specialty-file
Sponsored