Sponsored

IS this cup 2 tire corded ?

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
I start at 28 PSI on all and then I just check on the dash what max pressure I get during laps; so I try to keep it under or around 35 when hot... Or that's what one of the instructors I ran with told me; they "feel" ok there... I am not sure if mine are heat cycled out or not, but I do feel a greasy rear end sometimes when trying to throttle oversteer like you said..
I don't drive very aggressively, mostly for fun; I try to learn the tracks and get the perfect lines, and create as many *straights* as possible (an instructor told me that one too... :) )
Nice. I think most will agree, 34 hot seems to be the sweet spot for these tires so it sounds like you’re on the right track.

Great tip from the instructor. I highly recommend the skip barber book “Going faster.” It can be a little dry at times, but the book goes into great detail about proper technique and backs everything up with hard data. One of the biggest takeaways for me was the concept of modifying the speed in a turn just prior to a long straight. If you can sacrifice a little speed in the beginning of the turn in order to increase your exit speed, you reap the benefits of the that extra exit speed for the entire length of the straight. Lots of great insights in the book.

https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/going...gBoCpK8QAvD_BwE#idiq=10179320&edition=3274391
Sponsored