Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hidevolution.com
First Name
Spartan
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Z
I was trying to show my friend the exhaust on my Mach 1. Started the car, then put it in track exhaust mode and revved it but it wouldn't go past 5000 RPM? Is there a rev limiter for when the car is idle or is it because it was still cold?
Sponsored

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
I believe every newer vehicle has a rev limiter, as mentioned above, when not in gear. Had some guy pull into the shop after body work was done with a Subaru Ascent and was complaining that it would not rev over whatever RPMs he stated and I was just like...... He just had it matted and it was bouncing off the rev limiter in park
:facepalm:

mkcotton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I was trying to show my friend the exhaust on my Mach 1. Started the car, then put it in track exhaust mode and revved it but it wouldn't go past 5000 RPM? Is there a rev limiter for when the car is idle or is it because it was still cold?
yes, neutral is limited to 5K. You can change it, but not a good idea.

OP
OP
superspartan

superspartan

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hidevolution.com
First Name
Spartan
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Z
yes, neutral is limited to 5K. You can change it, but not a good idea.
Got it, well at least it's 5K and it still sounds mean. My previous Audi RS3, just like any Audi had a rev limiter of 3K and with its 2.5L V5 engine it sounded like a farter machine when driving.

The 2018 BMW M3 Competition I had before with the M Performance system had no rev limiter and that's from the factory without any ECU tuning. See:

Sponsored

MrXXX0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Must be an Automatic Trans problem. 😏
All jokes aside all new cars tend to come with a form of rev limiter when in Park or Neutral. Keeps folks from revving to the moon and popping engines and helps the manufacturer meet emission standards. Manual cars tend to not have the same limiter but a few still do. Good thing the Mustang in general tends to sound good even when just at 5kRPM.

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
Is there a rev limiter for when the car is idle or is it because it was still cold?
People like this trying to bounce it off the rev limiter while cold is why I'll never buy a used sports car.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Got it, well at least it's 5K and it still sounds mean. My previous Audi RS3, just like any Audi had a rev limiter of 3K and with its 2.5L V5 engine it sounded like a farter machine when driving.
FART GUN

giphy.gif
Sponsored