Is it total or no

Jamar1018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamar
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I was told damage has to be 80% or more to be total and this is a 2017 V6 mustsng driver side and passanger and seat air bag blew and tire needs a new one and rim and bumper and suspension and other more I don’t remember

C2B6F240-F502-4EC4-A119-BA85C7A029E9.jpeg

8412EF5D-B502-4D83-AB11-D6AD723A783A.jpeg

948C421E-8529-4B3F-A012-645AAB99C5CD.jpeg
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't think so. but if the frame is tweaked, possibly. the airbag is usually a total loss. (atleast I usually associate that to them) air bags must be extremely expensive. but imo, the damage doesn't really look that bad.

what did the wheel hit ti break it off? a curb? I do not see a curb in photo. edit, there's a curb, but its on the wrong side of photo/car. did the car spin and it it?

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Sorry you're dealing with this. I have a neighbor who's in the insurance business, he says if the air bags deploy it's most likely going to end up totaled. Sounds like you had multiple bags deploy. Now that doesn't mean you can't buy it back from the insurance company if it does end up being totaled and repair it. Just keep in mind it will now be a salvaged title and will be a lot tougher to sell in the future. Good luck!

OP
OP

Jamar1018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamar
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I wouldn't think so. but if the frame is tweaked, possibly. the airbag is usually a total loss. (atleast I usually associate that to them) air bags must be extremely expensive. but imo, the damage doesn't really look that bad.

what did the wheel hit ti break it off? a curb? I do not see a curb in photo. edit, there's a curb, but its on the wrong side of photo/car. did the car spin and it it?
A curb

OP
OP

Jamar1018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamar
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Sorry you're dealing with this. I have a neighbor who's in the insurance business, he says if the air bags deploy it's most likely going to end up totaled. Sounds like you had multiple bags deploy. Now that doesn't mean you can't buy it back from the insurance company if it does end up being totaled and repair it. Just keep in mind it will now be a salvaged title and will be a lot tougher to sell in the future. Good luck!
It’s from Florida and ford says it can be fixed but I thinking it depends on if the insurance wants to pay for it

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
if they try and total it, express that if its close to the threshold, that maybe you're willing to pay the little extra to fix the car. you really don't want to lose it etc.

OP
OP

Jamar1018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamar
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
if they try and total it, express that if its close to the threshold, that maybe you're willing to pay the little extra to fix the car. you really don't want to lose it etc.
To be honest bro It’s whatever god has in plan for me but , judging by being 2017 v6 and it’s at ford so ford parts can tend to be expensive snd labor as well idk

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
It’s from Florida and ford says it can be fixed but I thinking it depends on if the insurance wants to pay for it
I'm in Florida too, Tampa Bay area. You're right, it will depend on the insurance company. My neighbor is a insurance agent here. He said not always but most of the time, we were talking about it recently over a beer with another neighbor who'd just been in bad accident. Maybe you'll get lucky, good that Ford says it's fixable. Hope it all works out.

OP
OP

Jamar1018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamar
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm in Florida too, Tampa Bay area. You're right, it will depend on the insurance company. My neighbor is a insurance agent here. He said not always but most of the time, we were talking about it recently over a beer with another neighbor who'd just been in bad accident. Maybe you'll get lucky, good that Ford says it's fixable. Hope it all works out.
well yeah bro but it's v6 mustang with 30k miles on it so its not really brand new and the acv of it its 18-20k

OP
OP

Jamar1018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamar
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
its fixable

Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Fixable, yes but the book value is what will determine if insurance is going to pay for it. To be straight forward, the odds probably aren’t in your favor given the year and V6 (since this is considered the “base” model Mustang).

Airbags are a big hit against that. Otherwise, I would say it depends on if the subframe is damaged beyond what the photo shows. Good news is it looks like you got lucky and there’s no real damage to the 1/4 panel. Good luck and hopefully insurance comes through for you.

OP
OP

Jamar1018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamar
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Fixable, yes but the book value is what will determine if insurance is going to pay for it. To be straight forward, the odds probably aren’t in your favor given the year and V6 (since this is considered the “base” model Mustang).

Airbags are a big hit against that. Otherwise, I would say it depends on if the subframe is damaged beyond what the photo shows. Good news is it looks like you got lucky and there’s no real damage to the 1/4 panel. Good luck and hopefully insurance comes through for you.
It’s 7k worth of damage and ford said that it would flag them if it’s total or not.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It’s 7k worth of damage and ford said that it would flag them if it’s total or not.
$7k isn’t bad then. That probably wouldn’t exceed what insurance would pay for.

Have you not heard back from your insurance company yet? Have they sent an adjuster to look at it?

OP
OP

Jamar1018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamar
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
$7k isn’t bad then. That probably wouldn’t exceed what insurance would pay for.

Have you not heard back from your insurance company yet? Have they sent an adjuster to look at it?
Yeah man it’s going to be repairable and they are paying for the aftermarket parts

blind*guardian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Just from a mechanical perspective, without considering airbags, I know I’ve seen entire rear subframes from a GT350 with all the necessary parts going for $1500 used or so. And the rear frame is the only thing that would most likely need to be replaced. If you have an option you could go with a good used subframe and save a good amount of money.
Sponsored

Last edited: