Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
:frown::crying::crying:
I just ran into a guy yesterday with a 2010 jeep wrangler sierra.. 140k miles on it and going strong. Maintains it well.. looks brand new. He hasn't had any issues. Maybe a higher risk vehicle?
I am driving a 2016 Mazda CX-5 right now and having a hard time with the idea of parting with it, unless it goes to my daughter at some point.
Not sure if you've ever driven a CX-5, but man.. there is just something different about that car vs any other in it's compact suv class. It is a lot of fun to drive, not a numbing experience and corners/handles like a sedan. The only negative is the red color which is "pretty" but not what I wanted. I didn't have any choice at the time.
Anyway all that to say that I would like my daily driver to be a fun car, but practical for my needs.
The Jeep is the only other daily that attracts me... I've always wanted one.. maybe I will take the leap at some point..
Well ............ all I can say is good luck. You will have the final answer it the near future grasshopper... :champagne:
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
The Jeep is the only other daily that attracts me... I've always wanted one.. maybe I will take the leap at some point..
We have too, so we did :D

Semi-short version: we were shopping for a replacement for our DD/RT (AWD), looked at another with the TNG package, the Explorer ST, decided we could do without a 3-row (there's only 3 of us and our "group trips" have changed), will wanted something with decent offroad capability, some tow capacity, so shopped a JGC, but that's kind of more of the same - we wanted something FUN.

Enter the Wrangler, iconic, always kind of wanted one, can do all sorts of fun stuff like go no roof mode, very capable off road, but ours in the new PHEV, which can run pure EV so we can sneak around the beach or a trail super quiet - or let both the ICE and EV systems work together, and get this, it's 375HP and 470 lb/ft TQ, will run a 6 second 0-60, and traverse 30" of water :D

"Family car" too so it's leased, got the $7500 credit right up front, 3 years, full warranty, and service, return it, no worries :)

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
We have too, so we did :D

Semi-short version: we were shopping for a replacement for our DD/RT (AWD), looked at another with the TNG package, the Explorer ST, decided we could do without a 3-row (there's only 3 of us and our "group trips" have changed), will wanted something with decent offroad capability, some tow capacity, so shopped a JGC, but that's kind of more of the same - we wanted something FUN.

Enter the Wrangler, iconic, always kind of wanted one, can do all sorts of fun stuff like go no roof mode, very capable off road, but ours in the new PHEV, which can run pure EV so we can sneak around the beach or a trail super quiet - or let both the ICE and EV systems work together, and get this, it's 375HP and 470 lb/ft TQ, will run a 6 second 0-60, and traverse 30" of water :D

"Family car" too so it's leased, got the $7500 credit right up front, 3 years, full warranty, and service, return it, no worries :)
MASKED RACER X ... YOU ARE MY HERO!

https://www.jeep.com/wrangler-4xe.html

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
MASKED RACER X ... YOU ARE MY HERO!

https://www.jeep.com/wrangler-4xe.html
I'm glad I'm somebody's :D

A few gratuitous pics (first pic has some Mustang content :D), the color is Snazzberry Pearl ...

IMG_7683.jpeg

IMG_7687.jpeg

IMG_7694.jpeg

The 4XEs come with a bunch of options standard, like compared to the gas only Sahara model, this has the (much) better LED lighting, standard 20" wheels (275/55 tires), the better uConnect with the 552W Alpine system. Then ours has pretty much every other option, body matched hardtop, both safety groups, cold package (heated seats/wheel/remote start), tow, etc.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Beautiful Color!... Manual or automatic?

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Yeah, it's a great color, we wanted a color-color, especially with the interior being mostly all black, they have a ton of options: ours, a bright red, yellow, a couple of blues, several gray shades:

1618864017328.png

8-speed auto, it's a flavor of the ubiquitous Dodge/Jeep 8-speed transmission like we had in our DD/RT, the 4XE is only available in automatic.

The shifter actually looks like a manual, and to the left, that's the 2/4WD selector, you can go 2, 4 (auto mode), 4 locked, and 4 low range, like a proper 4WD vehicle :D I just keep it in 4H Auto, for maximum streetability, it dynamically adapts and changes how much power goes to the front vs. the rear.
Sponsored