Sponsored

Is anyone else in northern climates just getting their S550 out of hibernation? How does it feel?

RookieDDZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Wow, sometimes I forget there are a lot of people north of New York, and still some cars in storage. I got mine out last week for a few days. Rain washed everything already. I’m glad she is out and making noise
Sponsored

Blufc3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Premium GT PP1, 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
I still have the S550 in storage, but had the New Edge out for a drive. It even felt fast after driving the fusion!
21C7BA39-BBD7-4B19-8D1C-F81B236EB803.jpeg
71D3EA63-21FC-4BF0-90E3-C0D728C5D8A8.jpeg

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I still have the S550 in storage, but had the New Edge out for a drive. It even felt fast after driving the fusion!
21C7BA39-BBD7-4B19-8D1C-F81B236EB803.jpeg
71D3EA63-21FC-4BF0-90E3-C0D728C5D8A8.jpeg
Nice NE.

I'm on the hunt for a NE Mach 1 and drove one over the weekend. Probably would have pulled the trigger if it hadn't been black, but I'm still pondering it. I forgot how crude (and slow) the SN95s are compared to an S550.

Deleted member 56911

Still haven’t gotten mine out on the road yet. Going to wait until mid-April to take the beast out on the road.

Heater26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I'm sure most of you see getting similar weather if in Ontario. But it's-15 right now in Collingwood Ontario and getting blasted with a snowstorm the last two days. I was all excited to get my stang out. Grass was greening up.. dirt was washing off the roads...and then a big slap in the face.. winter is not over. Looks like I'm going to have to wait another couple weeks! She wants out!
20220328_132412.jpg
20220118_173511.jpg

Sponsored

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
Any other long suffering northerners here? Have you begun your annual ritual of reviving your hot rod?

I know that Mustangs can be safely driven in winter weather and plenty of you guys do just that. In fact this was my original plan for my car until a little hatchback fell into my hands and took the burden off of the Ford. So since I don't HAVE to expose the Mustang to corrosive road salt, I don't.

This time of year, my Mustang and Dart start to come out of their extended sleep. Once the roads are dry and free of salt, all bets are off. Here in CT, we usually have salt free roads until early November so there's at least four months (usually five) for car enthusiasts without their preferred machines. The positive side of this is that we get a chance to experience them all over again with fresh eyes.

I have about 100 miles on my 2020 GT so far this year and I have to say that it feels amazing. It feels quicker than I remember and louder too. I had also forgotten how good the car handles. No, it's still not a true sports car but it feels pretty damn close. The chassis feels incredibly rigid, turn-in is crisp, grip is surprisingly high (even on cold roads). Basically, I'm reminded of why this Mustang managed to pry my beloved S197 out of my hands and why I had no trouble justifying thousands of dollars of upgrades to accentuate what was already great about this car.

What has your experience been like?
HOW can you say the GT is not a true sports car????? Gasp! (feigned offense here)... btw mine has been on my new lift waiting. I could be driving except in January I tore my Achilles tenon, has surgery and just got cleared to drive this week. Indy is nice that you have all the seasons but none too long.

StangersInTheNight

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Just got back to NH from a week in Jamaica (the country, not Jamaica, NY). Chilly, but dry on landing. Woke up this morning with 2" of fresh powder. It's like ground hog day. Another week of storage.

RookieDDZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
We had a few weeks of rain to wash all the salt away. I drove it three times and then had some snow over the weekend. Should be the last snow of the year, hopefully. I want to drive!

B571A13B-729E-46AE-946B-CD88F7E01D8F.jpeg

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Rain this week so back to sleep my car goes. Maybe I'll take it out Wednesday if the weather complies.

chefwally32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
walter
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp2
Vehicle Showcase
real close, can't wait to finish this off-season's mods, finally going to be boosted! along with a ton of other mods weather is starting to get nice up here in the Boise area, I'm going to have an awesome summer in my pp2

Sponsored

CRS77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Was warm enough here to melt a lot of the snow and dry up the roads. Was able to bring car home from storage at least. Just had another dump of snow but warm weather coming again so Hopefully only another week or two.

Ogopogo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Prem Vert, 2020 Mazda CX-5 GT Turb
Fortunately, in the BC Interior where I am, it typically does not snow again after March 1st, so that by mid-March, the streets are free of snow piles and associated road salt. My plan, when it arrives, is to drive my vehicle from about mid-March to mid-November regularly, and during the winter only when the streets are free of snow and dry. No plans to have a set of winter tires for it.

jymcat1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimbo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Any other long suffering northerners here? Have you begun your annual ritual of reviving your hot rod?

I know that Mustangs can be safely driven in winter weather and plenty of you guys do just that. In fact this was my original plan for my car until a little hatchback fell into my hands and took the burden off of the Ford. So since I don't HAVE to expose the Mustang to corrosive road salt, I don't.

This time of year, my Mustang and Dart start to come out of their extended sleep. Once the roads are dry and free of salt, all bets are off. Here in CT, we usually have salt free roads until early November so there's at least four months (usually five) for car enthusiasts without their preferred machines. The positive side of this is that we get a chance to experience them all over again with fresh eyes.

I have about 100 miles on my 2020 GT so far this year and I have to say that it feels amazing. It feels quicker than I remember and louder too. I had also forgotten how good the car handles. No, it's still not a true sports car but it feels pretty damn close. The chassis feels incredibly rigid, turn-in is crisp, grip is surprisingly high (even on cold roads). Basically, I'm reminded of why this Mustang managed to pry my beloved S197 out of my hands and why I had no trouble justifying thousands of dollars of upgrades to accentuate what was already great about this car.

What has your experience been like?
Not 100 percent the same, but I just changed out the snow tires for the PS4S' last week (upstate NY). Like a new car... but it's 17* out right now, so I'm out of luck today..

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
jersey shore here, i didn’t put her away for the winter or anything. i just got her in november, and i’m going to enjoy this car. we had a few snow storms, and of course she stayed in the garage for that and the f150 was the DD, but i’ve taken her out once by accident when i didn’t realize there was still so much salt in the next town over, so that popped her cherry. i just wash the bottom off when i get home lol. but yeah, she loves the cold weather, so i’ve done a ton of cold weather cruises this winter. put 3200 miles on since nov 15!