Sponsored

Is Adaptive Cruise worth it?

Aurum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Disclaimer: Used the search function, did my Google Fu thing and was really surprised that there wasn't a whole lot of discussion around this topic.

I'm trying to get my Premium GT dream spec under 40k. Conceptually I love adaptive cruise. Feels like a good value for 1200 bucks.

People who have it -- has it been a useful feature that's enhanced your driving experience?

People who don't have it -- any regrets?

Thanks!
Sponsored

TMAN1985

Red and Black
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tristan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I want to know if I can add it after the fact.....I drove a Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit that had it, and it was awesome for lazy people like me.

RoushCharged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Ruby & Loaded
Before you have it, no. After you have it, yes. It makes cruising on a crowded highway with people who can't decide what speed to go a non-issue. Of course, if you don't live in a large metro area then doubtful you use it.

Sponsored

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
I have it on my 14 Explorer Sport which my wife drives, she likes it but I don't. When the road curves one way or another its slows you down, example. Your in the left lane going to pass a car in the right lane and the road is curving left the car will think they are in front of you and slow down. For long trips such as straight roads its nice but on curvy roads its a pain. So I opted out of getting it on my GT. Just enjoy to regular cruise control. Maybe it will be better in a few years.

BlackS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 black s550 PP
not worth the front grill imo

ThreePedal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
I consider myself somewhat of a purist and have never been a heavy user of cruise control. With adaptive I find myself using it more and liking it A LOT more. No more set, cancel, resume, cancel, resume...repeat. It's a very nice feature IMO.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I wish I had it, I use CC a lot but I didn't want a premium car so no go for me :(

Sponsored

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
I have it on my Cherokee TH as well as my Mustang. Notable differences:

1) Mustang ACC deals with traffic speeds/changing much more naturally. Jeep version tends to be rather, uh, scary during normal but not emergency braking during rush hour.
2) Mustang ACC tends to deal with turning/lane changes a bit better.
3) Jeep ACC is overall much smoother for normal operation outside of rush hour traffic.
4) Jeep ACC actually goes to 0 on its own, I'm not sure the Mustang will (only tested it the once and had to brake on it with the Mustang).
4) ACC is worth 10x as much with an auto transmission. I use it on my Mustang on long road trips or during a fairly empty commute only. On the Jeep I can leave it on going to work basically the entire way.

Long story short, ACC is very, very useful for the correct traveler but it needs an automatic transmission. I'd honestly say skip it unless you do long commutes in light traffic if you have a stick. Part of the problem is PP though, gearing makes it so 5th burns way too much gas at nominal highway speeds and 6th has too little torque for my liking rolling from 45ish back up to 65-75.

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
If you do a lot of highway driving, maybe?

If not, put that money down for a good exhaust:thumbsup:

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
You get more than just Adaptive and its all very much worth it IMO.