Irresponsible driving = crashed Shelby

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 F150 3.5EB FX4
Rode Harleys for years till got to old. Its those a**holes that pull out in front of you that get more bikers killed no matter how good of driver you are. Laid my bikes down a few times and a few broken bones.
After my first kid I nearly got hit on my bike which likely would've been fatal for me. My bikes went on Craigslist the next day and I haven't looked back.
Sponsored

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
Lol, 429 was a 13 second car, trapped just over a 100.

Nothing like the cars we have today.
Not in a Pinto it wasnt.

Im not talking 20 yrs ago.
40 yrs ago.

1965 396 corvette's made 425 hp stk.
U think there was anymore of them made that yr that the "crash test dummies " gt350 in video?

That 425hp 396 w/headers, cam/ valve springs/ & intake-exh valves ,
(we would pull the heads stk valves past 6500rpms..
yeah. that 425 hp was below 6400 rpms..in 1965. W/a 7" wide tire & no anti roll bars & 1 leaf spring mnted sideways for suspension.

Once we had Manley built stainless stuff. w/Valsco jet springs, we were well over 550hp++. This is in the EARLY '70s.

Dude. Dont critize what u dont understand.

We put cams in cars as often as U chg underwear. Had heads/intake off nearly every wk..
porting...
& bk on car running by the weekend.
U guys today take that long to put a set of headers on urself.

We didn't hav 10 speed automatic trannys then.
Put that 429- stk@ 500lbft from 1968 in ur s550 & u throw rocks at ur 420lbft mustang.

& u say We didnt hav any HP till a viper 20yrs ago...???
Like i said..
Kids 🤷

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
Not in a Pinto it wasnt.

40 yrs ago.

U think there was anymore of them made that yr that the "crash test dummies " gt350 in video?

yeah. that 425 hp was below 6400 rpms..in 1965. W/a 7" wide tire & no anti roll bars & 1 leaf spring mnted sideways for suspension.

Once we had Manley built stainless stuff. w/Valsco jet springs, we were well over 550hp++. This is in the EARLY '70s.

We put cams in cars as often as U chg underwear. Had heads/intake off nearly every wk..
porting...

Put that 429- stk@ 500lbft from 1968 in ur s550 & u throw rocks at ur 420lbft mustang.

Like i said..
Kids 🤷
Here are 10 -
1960s muscles cars that all made 400-500 hp.
These car owners would have given anything for 6spd trannys & tires 2x as wide as these NON RADIAL JUNK TIRES.

SO TO SAY THESE IDIOT LIDS W/GT350 in video had their hands full HP wise compared to today. Isnt stupid.
Just to young & not able to remember history.

Anyone who thinks only Mustang GTs of today & Vipers of 90s made over 400hp from the 90s on ..
are clearly to young to remember reality.

https://autowise.com/the-true-hp-of-the-10-most-powerful-classic-era-muscle-cars/

U guys hav no idea what throttle response is today w/that gt350.
They are slower than molasses to rev cuz of drive by wire & digital T/B's.

The 60s cars could rev. A mustang Gt460hp car can be stomped from an idle and let off before the tach goes from 630rpms to 1000rpms.
Yeah. Its a built in safety feature. But 1 that didnt exist 4+decades ago.
So teying to say only cars today hav any hp is just lack of knowledge.
Gear ratios are what todays 460hp cars hav over 1960s cars. Both tranny & ring gears due to double overdrives & 10 speeds.

Put a A10 behind a Boss 429 w/305+ radial tires & Magnetic Ride shocks & see something you cant even image in your mind.
So please. Stop with the " cars today are to hard to drive & hav to much power."
My 308" Bullitt is a fun car. But weak as phuck torque wise.
U reallycould not grab a $100 bill off the dash of a well built 390 or a Boss 429 w/a real tire on it 50 yrs ago.

Do I wantvto go bk to that. No. Bias ply tires & drum brakes suck bad. Total handfuls to drive.

My Bullitt drives ...well. like any pp1 car.

But its no 454 Chevelle

or a 429 Cobra jet & certainly

NO 440 SIX PACK .

NO WAY IS IT A HEMI ROAD RUNNER. Strippedcar from factory w/close to 500 REAL HP. NOT ADVERTISED. REAL.

Not even FAIR to compare. So why try to defend these 2 idiots by saying cars of today hav way more hp & ARE more difficult to drive.

They handled 5x as well as the 60s stuff.
So that says something about looping it into an overpass embuttment. That there idiots maybe? No.. its fact.

lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Honestly, my GT350 is the easiest 526 horsepower I've ever driven, even with all the computers off. Tires as sticky as glue and a foot wide, brakes that could stop a semi, everything else including a comfortable seat, are you kidding it is awesome.

And some basement dweller on Youtube wrecks it is 60 feet and then posts his stupidity on the internet as if he solved Pi to the 30 number or something. This guys follow-up was his car getting impounded by the CHP after they woke him from a sound sleep at 930am. Thank god he wasn't at work or mowing the yard to his mom's house where he lives rent free.

40 years ago, my high school buddy had a '57 Bel-Air hardtop, the only real '57 Chevy hotrod. It had a "rockcrusher" 4-speed, 4.11 geared, 12 bolt posi, ladder bars and a solid lifter 350 with 2.02" aluminum heads and custom headers and it cranked out just over 450 horses and reved 7K rpm with ease. Factory bench seats and lap belts. It would kill the average idiot today in about 100 yds. The launch was terrifying on the crap tires of the day and when it hooked up, it flew. Launch control was in your left foot. Porsche burgundy paint and a tuck and roll interior, a Wonderbar factory radio from 1957. My car was a milder Camaro with a slightly better stereo that could drive to Daytona comfortably because it had a bigger gas tank and shorter gears.

The mystery to me is why do so many poorly educated, underemployed dregs think the world wants to watch them flog borrowed cars on residential streets until they crash into innocent people or destroy something they have a 0% chance of paying for in the first place.

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Not in a Pinto it wasnt.

40 yrs ago.

porting...

Like i said..
Kids 🤷
I was at the track then, everyone's street cars running 14s and 15s.

Look up the quickest stock list from back in the day, Boss 429 is the quickest vintage mustang at 13.60@106.

The quickest car period, was a 427 Cobra, ran 12.2 at 118, about as quick as a 2015-2020 GT350.

I had a buddy with a stripped L88 powered camaro, he actually worked on it so it would actually run good, ran 11.70s on slicks ( about the same 1/4 mile as my 2014 GT500 on street tires). One night we towed it to front street in Philly. It obliterated all the cars you speak of, again, it ran 11.70s, and NO ONE was in the same zip code. Only cost us $500 in fines, but it was worth it, lol.

https://musclecarsillustrated.com/fastest-classic-muscle-cars/

Sponsored

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
I was at the track then, everyone's street cars running 14s and 15s.

Look up the quickest stock list from back in the day, Boss 429 is the quickest vintage mustang at 13.60@106.

The quickest car period, was a 427 Cobra, ran 12.2 at 118, about as quick as a 2015-2020 GT350.

I had a buddy with a stripped L88 powered camaro, he actually worked on it so it would actually run good, ran 11.70s on slicks ( about the same 1/4 mile as my 2014 GT500 on street tires). One night we towed it to front street in Philly. It obliterated all the cars you speak of, again, it ran 11.70s, and NO ONE was in the same zip code. Only cost us $500 in fines, but it was worth it, lol.

https://musclecarsillustrated.com/fastest-classic-muscle-cars/
I didnt say those cars were qwikest.
Im tellin the kid that we had 400-500hp cars that HANDLED LIKE CHIT W/BIAS PKY TIRES 7'L" WIDE W425HP .

no idea where u are coming from but ur lost on the topic at hand.
We ran 13.0's w/a 2.0L pinto in 1973. Race. Ar yes.
All steel but hood. Yes.
So?
I was told we had no Horsepower in cars till the 90s viper by this guy after my post.

My response was we hp out the arse. We had no suspension and no tires.

U take any eng in that article and put it w/tires of today & suspension technology of today & they all haul azz.
Wanna know how we know?
Stock Eliminator class in NHRA
I Hav several clients w/past NHRA national records in both stock .. but mostly in Superstock.

As 4 link cars,
(allowed in NHRA Superstock, NOT STOCK Eliminator)
after 35 yrs and 65,000 hours of REAL WORLD experience as a professional car builder..

is something we know just a tad bit bout. Not much. But a tad.
My own car runs .97/.98 60 fts @ 2450lbs...w/single 4 bbl 632.
It will go 2265lb w/195 lb driver but we gotta be 2450lb for class.
Thinkin of putting the new 7.3L Trk eng in it to do something different. No idea what it wt#'s (7.3L)

but I know that Dart 10.200" deck ht block is like 270lbs alone when im @2265 w/driver.

Mayne id be below 2000lbs depending on which tranny i throw in it. I hav 3 or 4 completely diff trann combos. No sense in naming them as nobody would know wtf a Quick Drive or any else we own is anyhow.

We had a stk from factory 425hp '65 396 car in the 80s that had orig tires of like 7" wide. Thats before poeting..cam shaft. Valve springs & good valves. That 425hp was @6400. All things I was tellin the "kids" that they hav no idea what existed before the 1990s
& what we were telling the "kids" was that trying to drive THOSE 60s CARS OF THAT ERA was much harder, than driving a '17+ gt350 the idiot lopped in the video.
DIDNT SAY those 60s cars were qwiker or WERE FASTER. "Stock" never did.

BUT THEY actually WERE. Just not on street w/stock suspension & stk tires.
Ladders bars.. which SUCK AZZ on street car for anything but drag racing... are still way qwiker than any stk factory leaf spring or coil spring system like the chevelle had.

Those cars on list in Stock Eliminator on the drag strip WERE MUCH QWIKER THAT WHEN FACTORY TIRE EQUIPPED w/chitty TIRES ..
which are terrible compared to today.

Today we hav to take Bite out of these race cars W/ tires we have.

Its called "Wheel speed" ..
& we gotta hav a bunch of it. ~12% whl slip w/bias ply slick
& bout 6-7% w/radial drag tire to achieve max acceleration rates.

I know. I built the qwikest & fastest steel body drag radial car in my shop ..which ran 3.60's @ over 210mph..1/8 mile.

& ur ladder bars on street... alone.
worth 1/2 second+ over stock 1970 Boss 429 leaf stk leaf spring setup.
& thats just in the first 150ft.

I got clients on leaf springs w/early '60s cars.
Plymouth B-Bodys, that run 1.30 -60 fts. But those leafs are not a factory stack of spring plates either.

I used to hav World Champ Greg Luniac build my leaf springs yrs ago, cuz I made my living building Racecars. Not leaf springs.

4 links. Yes. I build all the bracketry.
For decades w/o water jets/lasers..
Prolly hav 40+ four link bracket geometry designs on our past. I design every 4 link system for the exact car im designing..
We dont buy this mail order chit & call it "building a car".
Today everyone I see ..is at best. A car "Assembler".. not a builder.. on rare occasion when ladder bars are required by rules. We build those too. From raw materials. Not from the pages of a magazine or an internet site w/credit card#.

Bk to those modded leaf springs we use..
that can compete w/a ladder bar car.
U couldn't drive that type of spring on the street/road for 100 miles ..
w/o a broken back bone...

If u drive a ladder bar car on street U WILL EITHER TEAR THE housing brackets off the axle tube or break a cheap front rod end.

most guys driving ladder bar cars on street are just 500/1000 mile a yr guys @ best.

U crash in the first corner u take @ 120mph runnin from Johnny Law. W/ladder bars.
A terrible street car suspension,
other than drag/street racing.

Ur apples & oranges,
cuz ur not following the posted replys.

Kids 🤷

5.2 VooDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp. Orange GT 350 - Born March 3rd - Arrrived March 14th
Im tellin the kid that we had 400-500hp cars that HANDLED LIKE CHIT W/BIAS PKY TIRES 7'L" WIDE W425HP .

All steel but hood. Yes.
So?
I was told we had no Horsepower in cars till the 90s viper by this guy after my post.

U take any eng in that article and put it w/tires of today & suspension technology of today & they all haul azz.
Wanna know how we know?
I Hav several clients w/past NHRA national records in both stock .. but mostly in Superstock.

As 4 link cars,
after 35 yrs and 65,000 hours of REAL WORLD experience as a professional car builder..

Thinkin of putting the new 7.3L Trk eng in it to do something different. No idea what it wt#'s (7.3L)

but I know that Dart 10.200" deck ht block is like 270lbs alone when im @2265 w/driver.

Mayne id be below 2000lbs depending on which tranny i throw in it. I hav 3 or 4 completely diff trann combos. No sense in naming them as nobody would know wtf a Quick Drive or any else we own is anyhow.

We had a stk from factory 425hp '65 396 car in the 80s that had orig tires of like 7" wide. Thats before poeting..cam shaft. Valve springs & good valves. That 425hp was @6400. All things I was tellin the "kids" that they hav no idea what existed before the 1990s
& what we were telling the "kids" was that trying to drive THOSE 60s CARS OF THAT ERA was much harder, than driving a '17+ gt350 the idiot lopped in the video.

Ladders bars.. which SUCK AZZ on street car for anything but drag racing... are still way qwiker than any stk factory leaf spring or coil spring system like the chevelle had.

Those cars on list in Stock Eliminator on the drag strip WERE MUCH QWIKER THAT WHEN FACTORY TIRE EQUIPPED w/chitty TIRES ..

I know. I built the qwikest & fastest steel body drag radial car in my shop ..which ran 3.60's @ over 210mph..1/8 mile.

Plymouth B-Bodys, that run 1.30 -60 fts. But those leafs are not a factory stack of spring plates either.

I used to hav World Champ Greg Luniac build my leaf springs yrs ago, cuz I made my living building Racecars. Not leaf springs.

Prolly hav 40+ four link bracket geometry designs on our past. I design every 4 link system for the exact car im designing..
Today everyone I see ..is at best. A car "Assembler".. not a builder.. on rare occasion when ladder bars are required by rules. We build those too. From raw materials. Not from the pages of a magazine or an internet site w/credit card#.

If u drive a ladder bar car on street U WILL EITHER TEAR THE housing brackets off the axle tube or break a cheap front rod end.

most guys driving ladder bar cars on street are just 500/1000 mile a yr guys @ best.

U crash in the first corner u take @ 120mph runnin from Johnny Law. W/ladder bars.

Ur apples & oranges,

Kids 🤷
Cool Story Bro....

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red

All steel but hood. Yes.
So?

Wanna know how we know?

As 4 link cars,

Ur apples & oranges,

Kids 🤷
Brings back memories for me! SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY, US 30 Dragstrip!!

I also was on pit crew for a Sportsman's Class stock car team back in the 80's.

You are right...kids these days got it waaaay easier!

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
This dude is the reason why rates will suddenly jump up for no reason on your end. Just another tick towards being marked as a high risk demographic of owners.
Sponsored