Sponsored

Interior Center Control Lights Stay On

MidnightStars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The lights that signify climate control settings, driving toggles, etc., remain ON after I turn off my car, get out, and close the door.
Image below taken through the rear window.
PXL_20240105_041751444.jpg

Along with this, I get "System Off to Save Battery" showing up on my SYNC display. Here is a video of me trying to turn it on and off again:

I have went ahead and pulled my dashcam wiring in case it played any role, but results are the same. Set the headlights to the "OFF" position. Nada. Nothing else is on at all. I have no other electronics plugged in. I have aftermarket tail lights (1+ year), and aftermarket switchback turn signals (3+ years), but they've never had issues before.

Daily drive 30 miles (15 from home, 15 from work)--dashcam usually remains powered the whole time.

Would love any help.
Sponsored

Stallone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT Premium 2017
Hello,
Could be the battery, if it doesn't have enough voltage I would check that first.
If that's okay, I would disconnect the battery for a while
Maybe that will help you, good luck🤞

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
Following. I don't think my lights are staying on but for the last 2 days I've been getting that same System Off to Save Battery message.

OP
OP
MidnightStars

MidnightStars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Managed to solve or mitigate the issue... Took the car out for a short drive around the block, then parked & it stopped. Will need to check in with a mechanic eventually to see what could have caused it.

Main reason for that low battery warning, was due to the lights staying on for quite a considerable amount of time. But that low voltage cutoff never happened for some reason, despite the countdown.
Hello,
Could be the battery, if it doesn't have enough voltage I would check that first.
If that's okay, I would disconnect the battery for a while
Maybe that will help you, good luck🤞
Battery is still in tip-top shape, charge was at 12.7 V after driving my normal route.
Following. I don't think my lights are staying on but for the last 2 days I've been getting that same System Off to Save Battery message.
Have you checked your battery as well? If no lights are turning on, then your battery could be on its way out.

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
Have you checked your battery as well? If no lights are turning on, then your battery could be on its way out.
I haven't checked it yet. I was reading some other threads and ppl were having the same issue with their cars in the winter when it's cold and they were doing very limited driving.

My car sat for 11 days until I returned to work Tuesday and my drive to work is only 15 minutes. So I took an extended drive home yesterday and haven't gotten that message again yet. But I need to check the battery anyway, the corrosion threads freak me out and it happened to my wife's Explorer as well...

OP
OP
MidnightStars

MidnightStars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I haven't checked it yet. I was reading some other threads and ppl were having the same issue with their cars in the winter when it's cold and they were doing very limited driving.

My car sat for 11 days until I returned to work Tuesday and my drive to work is only 15 minutes. So I took an extended drive home yesterday and haven't gotten that message again yet. But I need to check the battery anyway, the corrosion threads freak me out and it happened to my wife's Explorer as well...
Yup, that sounds absolutely like a low-battery due to lack of use. I'll often slow down and take 20-25 minutes to commute so I can give the battery a chance to recharge. I've noticed that's the minimum it takes for these cars to recharge their batteries.
Sponsored