Sponsored

Insurance.

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Just wondering all you guys with modified Mustangs, who do you insure with and what does it cost? Hope that’s not too personal.
Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Hagerty, you can set an agreed upon value for the car and pay based on that value. If the cars totaled you get what you agreed upon, no questions asked.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
Hagerty, you can set an agreed upon value for the car and pay based on that value. If the cars totaled you get what you agreed upon, no questions asked.
He is asking about "Modified" Mustangs,. Some Insurers will not touch anything even with a CAI or Lowered - so if you fail to disclose any modifications, they WILL VOID any insurance claim. (ie you would be paying for insurance cover you DO NOT have)

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
Just wondering all you guys with modified Mustangs, who do you insure with and what does it cost? Hope that’s not too personal.
If you are over 50, you could try APIA, who are reasonably flexible with most Mods, and have sharply competitive Rates.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
He is asking about "Modified" Mustangs,. Some Insurers will not touch anything even with a CAI or Lowered - so if you fail to disclose any modifications, they WILL VOID any insurance claim. (ie you would be paying for insurance cover you DO NOT have)
Hagerty specializes in that kind of thing, that’s why I use them.

Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Have a look into Enthusiast Insurance -

Enthusiast - Affordable Motor Insurance Companies Online Quotes - Australia

I have the Mustang and XR8 with them at the moment. They have been pretty good price wise, although that always changes after a few years. Both cars were with Shannon's for a while, but they got greedy, I switched to RACV and then to Enthusiast.

Both of those cars only get driven occasionally, meaning the likes of RACV just don't account for that. With Enthusiast, they allow you choose how many km's the car will be doing per year, bringing the cost down. They have also been very accommodative in regards to agreed values increases. Both cars have annual premiums below $1000, compared to $1000 - $1200 I was paying. (35 YO male in a s..thole town).

OP
OP
Bulutt

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Have a look into Enthusiast Insurance -

Enthusiast - Affordable Motor Insurance Companies Online Quotes - Australia

I have the Mustang and XR8 with them at the moment. They have been pretty good price wise, although that always changes after a few years. Both cars were with Shannon's for a while, but they got greedy, I switched to RACV and then to Enthusiast.

Both of those cars only get driven occasionally, meaning the likes of RACV just don't account for that. With Enthusiast, they allow you choose how many km's the car will be doing per year, bringing the cost down. They have also been very accommodative in regards to agreed values increases. Both cars have annual premiums below $1000, compared to $1000 - $1200 I was paying. (35 YO male in a s..thole town).
Thanks 😃👍

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Way too expensive. I only want insurance. I could buy another car for the price They want.
I had my TS50 and then FGX XR8 with Shannon's for a number of years, but they went from being quite reasonable to being the most expensive. And I'm not talking $50 - $100 more, they were hundreds of dollars off the pace for the same level of cover. The "No one knows your passion like Shannons" thing just wasn't evident. I actually got better pricing from the RACV for a few years.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Way too expensive. I only want insurance. I could buy another car for the price They want.
Hmmm good to know. My renewal was around this time last year and it was well under the competition (for several cars) so this year will be interesting.

The "No one knows your passion like Shannons" thing just wasn't evident.
Sadly that appears to have gone the way of the Dodo around the time Suncorp took over. Recent conversations with them suggest they've at least in part swung back to having people who know a Studebaker from a Commodore but money is money. The other one I always check is NRMA as they seem to be one of the few with genuine choice of repairer (vs your choice of repairer...as long as it's on our ever changing list).

Do you recall who underwrites Enthusiast Insurance?
Sponsored