Sponsored

Insurance went up 200%

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang bullitt
I need help or advice. I have a 2019 ford mustang Bullitt. I am a 24 years old, turn 25 in 30days, barely drive the car, it's more for leisure. My insurance company, Adrianas insurance is raising my insurance from 250 bucks to 750 dollars. Does anyone know if this is legal or does anyone have some advice? I'm looking at other insurances but everything is high, the cheapest quote Ive gotten is like 480. I have full coverage.
Sponsored

Hammerhead13579

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Premium PP1 GT
Why are they raising it? There is normally a reason for such a drastic change. I've never heard of that insurance company but I found that Geico is pretty fair and easy to setup on the app

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang bullitt
There's
Why are they raising it? There is normally a reason for such a drastic change. I've never heard of that insurance company but I found that Geico is pretty fair and easy to setup on the app
I would like to tell you why but nope, don't have a reason. I have zero points on my license and I don't have any accidents on my record. I have been driving since I was 18. Absolutely nothing has changed.

Hammerhead13579

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Premium PP1 GT
Unfortunately it sounds like you may need to find another insurance company. I would call and inquire about the new price but they might not decrease it

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
If you look at other threads in here as well as the news on TV, the Florida hurricanes are raising everybody’s rates across the country. They need to pay claims in Florida so they’re screwing everybody else.

Sponsored

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
There is no such thing as "Full Coverage". All policies have limits. Some of us carry extra coverage to protect ourselves against certain circumstances.

If you have 100/300,000 Property Damage and Property Liability coverage, once you reach the 300K mark your insurance company has met their obligation and will do nothing more for you on the claim(s). From there on out you are on your own. So, if you are involved in an incident and are found liable for 1M in damages your insurance company will pay out 300K and you will be held responsible for the rest.

Not trying to 'Dad' anyone here. "Full Coverage" is just a very overused and misunderstood term. It is also wise to actually read your policy each and every time that you renew as limits can and do change.

tangguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
take umbrella coverage for 1M. Fairly priced as well

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Adriana es una puta. Ir con AAA

arigr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 eco pp mustang
If you look at other threads in here as well as the news on TV, the Florida hurricanes are raising everybody’s rates across the country. They need to pay claims in Florida so they’re screwing everybody else.
the flooding in california has nothing to do with it i'm sure... lol

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I agree. Maybe a little but not even close to the extensive damage from the hurricane in Florida. The flooding in California is isolated. The hurricane destroyed the entire south Florida coast. It is what it is. I would just switch insurance companies if I were the OP.

Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
And here’s the dumb part. I’m moving to Florida as soon as possible. Getting away from idiot California and coming to Florida.

arigr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 eco pp mustang
I agree. Maybe a little but not even close to the extensive damage from the hurricane in Florida. The flooding in California is isolated. The hurricane destroyed the entire south Florida coast. It is what it is. I would just switch insurance companies if I were the OP.
true ... unfortunately i think the bigger picture may be that insurance will become unaffordable for any of us (home or auto) if the climate continues to change like this... everyday seems like a reporting of another "once in a thousand years" event... fort lauderdale 26 inches of rain in about 24 hours and that was just "a storm"... just last month there were 244 tornadoes...the normal was 80 for the last 20 years... and la nino is over now but el nino is supposed to hit ca by the fall... sh*t be flyin

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Throw me some context here. I see you quote it was $250 and now $750. Is this monthly or for the year?

Sorry… Canadian here and those look like monthly rates for someone under 25 with a mustang GT. I simply can’t fathom being a yearly rate.
I understand the frustration of the giant increase though, when my son got his G2 license and put on my insurance as an occasional driver on one of the vehicles (not the mustang), my insurance went up by $4000. Not $4000 total, but the actual increase.

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
Considering that according to them, Adriana's Insurance Services only writes Insurance in California, Texas, Arizona, Nevada, Utah and Illinois ... and actually, they're just a broker hooking you up with other cheap insurance companies like Access. Just call around anyhow, I do it every time I come up for renewal, always somebody willing to do it cheaper, loyalty means nothing in that industry anyhow, other than a "thank you for being a customer for X years" if you call in. Wawanesa is silly cheap, but very difficult to get unless you have a superb record and then some, but first time you need them, you're probably gone.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
true ... unfortunately i think the bigger picture may be that insurance will become unaffordable for any of us (home or auto) if the climate continues to change like this... everyday seems like a reporting of another "once in a thousand years" event... fort lauderdale 26 inches of rain in about 24 hours and that was just "a storm"... just last month there were 244 tornadoes...the normal was 80 for the last 20 years... and la nino is over now but el nino is supposed to hit ca by the fall... sh*t be flyin
Wonder if mother nature has been demoted. Sometimes things aren't natural anymore..

All ill say
Sponsored