Sponsored

Insults

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
A little light teasing is not my best skill, but I'm with @TheDonEffect on this. Many people buy pickups and then never use them for much. I think they like the feeling of being in a big vehicle. It makes them feel more manly.

So I would go with something on the order of, "nice pickup, what do you tow with it?" Then if he doesn't tow with it, you can ask if he puts his toys/work tools in the bed to transport them for play/jobs/etc. Then you can say, "oh, so you just drive around in a big pickup but don't use it? Huh." Or go for extra subtle and just try your best to look disappointed. You wanted to hear all the cool stories about the off-roading/rock crawling/towing or hauling, but he doesn't have anything good for you.

Bonus points for following up with something that implies it's pretty wasteful to drive around in a big boat when you aren't towing or hauling something.

Something like that. Of course if he has horses and uses the thing to pull a trailer all the time etc. you might miss the mark. Odds are he just drives around in the thing and uses it as a car, though.
Sponsored

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
A little light teasing is not my best skill, but I'm with @TheDonEffect on this. Many people buy pickups and then never use them for much. I think they like the feeling of being in a big vehicle. It makes them feel more manly.

So I would go with something on the order of, "nice pickup, what do you tow with it?" Then if he doesn't tow with it, you can ask if he puts his toys/work tools in the bed to transport them for play/jobs/etc. Then you can say, "oh, so you just drive around in a big pickup but don't use it? Huh." Or go for extra subtle and just try your best to look disappointed. You wanted to hear all the cool stories about the off-roading/rock crawling/towing or hauling, but he doesn't have anything good for you.

Bonus points for following up with something that implies it's pretty wasteful to drive around in a big boat when you aren't towing or hauling something.

Something like that. Of course if he has horses and uses the thing to pull a trailer all the time etc. you might miss the mark. Odds are he just drives around in the thing and uses it as a car, though.
My buddy has had either a Tacoma or Frontier for 8 years now. Even with a bed liner, I saw him become nervous when I sat an empty beer keg in the bed. I think that is the only thing he has ever "hauled'.

I think more are like him than not.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
If you sit back and think about it, it's always the guys with sh*tboxes that hate on mustangs. My friend hates my car to death, guess what he drives; a 1993 Mazda MX-5. So yeah, I don't make a huge deal out of it lol.
And those "sh*tboxes" always seem to be the ones wanting to "race"

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I usually ignore people but if the guy was a cocky punk I’d tell him my coyote will eat tacos all day long. Any time your ready punk!
Sponsored