Installed my UPR Dual Valve Catch Can

Heardcuh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
C.O.
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
To those of you who did this without removing the Intake Manifold, you are small handed gods among men.

Thanks to Adam for the install video, it was helpful.

I just passed 17K on my 09/28/2015 build date 2016 Mustang Ecoboost that I took delivery of on 11/24/2015 and thought it would be good to add before I install my UPR Catless Downpipe tomorrow. Install takes a while especially if this is your first time. Here's some pictures for discussion.

http://imgur.com/a/53er4

Oil.
Sponsored

JStang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ecoboost
Lol I definitely don't have small hands and I managed to do it without taking the manifold off. It just took me several hours and I ended up with scrapes all over my arms :headbonk:

However I will be taking the manifold off for the first time this weekend to install the updated PCV from Ford. Any tips or suggestions for getting it off? I'll be using Adam's video as a guide.

OP
OP
Heardcuh

Heardcuh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
C.O.
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Adams video is great, I might make a GoPro POV if you or anyone would like because his video only shows it from one angle and it can be a little confusing. If it inspires you at all, removing the intake manifold was really just 5 bolts and a nut. It's just like removing the engine cover of it had more nuts and bolts so don't let it become harrowing in your head it'll be a breeze. Just take your time not to drop anything as you're pulling them out.

eXtremyst_v1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost PP
I thought I'd be fine when I had to get under the intake manifold for this install but nope, not so. I could wiggle my arm up and under it and feel the connector but there was no way I was getting it off at that angle even with a super long screwdriver... :shrug:

Can's still sitting now waiting for install haha.
Sponsored