Sponsored

Installed Borla Touring Catback, now drone...

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thoughts about manufacturer and size of the bullet resonators?
No larger than 12" core. Vibrant, dynomax...as long as they're stainless.
Sponsored

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Conversely, I would tell you that the resonated X-pipe cuts volume quite significantly compared a resonator delete, having had one on my car before. With the touring mufflers it will only be a little louder than the with the stock resonator. [MENTION=14181]Cascadia_302[/MENTION] has this setup. That said, it has no rasp at all.

I had it with the sport axleback and it was a very nice sound, but far quieter than the Xtreme catback I made it when adding the double X-pipe.
No rasp and a good sound but not quite at the volume level I would prefer. If it wasn't for the wife I would go with the Corsa Sport AB and MF Tru-x.:frusty:

gearhead992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
considering my 3rd Mustang now...
... I've been considering the AWE Touring system but I haven't heard one in person - which I would do before ordering it... Thanks much for your comments!
... I really prefer something deeper such as I had with the FRPP Touring Catback. Loudness and tone between the Borla S-type and Borla Touring or between the FRPP Touring and FRPP Sport would be perfect, but I'm not sure how to achieve that. Mixing and matching exhaust components is a bit risky - as it's not certain what you'll end up with... and it's very difficult to find someone with a similar exhaust. Maybe Borla S-type mufflers with bullet resonators.... Thanks for your help!
John - I'm like you...one of the more senior automobile enthusiasts! I've owned too many cars in my lifetime and i just can't seem to leave the exhaust (wheels, too) alone. I once had a 2003 SVT Cobra I had to dump after installing LTs and a Borla Stinger exhaust system. Wow. Talk about DRONE. I had a headache for a month!

Sound is so subjective. Everyone has a their own favorite tone making it difficult to rely on reviews. That said, I'm actually researching exhaust for my next Mustang. For now, I've focused on the Borla Touring cat-back because it includes a mid-pipe resonator and I'm willing to give up volume (loudness?) for no drone. It may be too quiet? Or, just right?

I see you mentioned the AWE cat-back, and later, described a mix-and-match system. The AWE may be exactly what you're looking for, yes? H-pipe, bullet resonators, "180 Technology" to combat drone, etc. Why don't you try the AWE next and let me know what you think? :D

This is a great forum. I hope to be sharing photos of my S550 GT soon.

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang | V8 | Grabber Blue
John - I'm like you...one of the more senior automobile enthusiasts! I've owned too many cars in my lifetime and i just can't seem to leave the exhaust (wheels, too) alone. I once had a 2003 SVT Cobra I had to dump after installing LTs and a Borla Stinger exhaust system. Wow. Talk about DRONE. I had a headache for a month!

Sound is so subjective. Everyone has a their own favorite tone making it difficult to rely on reviews. That said, I'm actually researching exhaust for my next Mustang. For now, I've focused on the Borla Touring cat-back because it includes a mid-pipe resonator and I'm willing to give up volume (loudness?) for no drone. It may be too quiet? Or, just right?

I see you mentioned the AWE cat-back, and later, described a mix-and-match system. The AWE may be exactly what you're looking for, yes? H-pipe, bullet resonators, "180 Technology" to combat drone, etc. Why don't you try the AWE next and let me know what you think? :D

This is a great forum. I hope to be sharing photos of my S550 GT soon.
the borla touring is what i changed from because of the drone!

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
As another one of the older (54) forum members, I definitely did not want a loud, obnoxious or raspy aftermarket exhaust.
After much consideration and consultation with forum member, BmacIL:thumbsup:, I purchased the Borla Touring cat-back.

This system was definitely the right choice for me.
The resonated h-pipe produced the muscular sound and tone I desired, and volume throughout the entire rpm range is just right.
It was actually a little louder than I expected and in reality, just what I wanted.

I have an A6/3.55 car and there is no drone present...ever!
Unless there is a factory production defect or the exhaust was incorrectly installed, this product does not drone.
Sometimes drone is confused with tone.

Take a listen to the exhaust sounds clips on the Borla website.
Hope this information is helpful and good luck with your decision.:cheers:
Sponsored