Injector height help...

Dark Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ramsey
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I bought a set of DW 72# injectors off of a forum member here that came off of his whipple kit when he upgraded his fuel system. Well, I am in the middle of installing my 18 intake mani and paxton kit and it turns out these injectors are to short. I didn't know they came in different heights, so I didn't even think to check. Looks like I can just shorten the spacers for the fuel rail to make everything fit, I am just wondering if there is any reason not to do that? I have 2 sets of spacers, 1 from my stock mani and 1 from the 18 mani. So, will there be any problems? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
They do have extenders that are made for injectors that sometimes come with new injectors. Contact DW and see if they have the injector extenders that can be added to those injectors to make them fit properly.

OP
OP

Dark Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ramsey
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
They do have extenders that are made for injectors that sometimes come with new injectors. Contact DW and see if they have the injector extenders that can be added to those injectors to make them fit properly.
I'll give them a call, but if I can just cut the spacer down to size, that would be more ideal. I'm trying to get this buttoned up tomorrow, but if that's the way I have to do it then I will.
Sponsored