Infotainment Digital Gauge Instrument Panel

BLUSTEED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT Convertible with Performance Pack
Kicking around the idea of adding this to my '17. Has anyone here done it? It's expensive, so would like to hear people's feedback first. Not sure I want to change a stock feature for something that wasn't available in '17 to begin with, but the videos look really good, so I'm wondering what people with '15-'17 Mustangs who are living with it really think.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Kicking around the idea of adding this to my '17. Has anyone here done it? It's expensive, so would like to hear people's feedback first. Not sure I want to change a stock feature for something that wasn't available in '17 to begin with, but the videos look really good, so I'm wondering what people with '15-'17 Mustangs who are living with it really think.
Everything you need is right here.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2018-digital-cluster-installation-guide.99275/

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
You should go for it. This is the one mod I wanted on my 15 and had to have as an option on my 19.

I sold my 15 before I got around to the mod but had I kept it I would’ve sprung for the 2k kit.

There are so many you tube videos that show you step by step instructions. I saw one guy even use the Bullitt module in his 16 to show the Bullitt graphics at startup.

MandoGt350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Armando
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Is this mod possible on the GT350? Maybe even using the one on the GT500?

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
I'd just take the cake you were going to spend and put it down on a new(er) model that has what you want.

If the car is a keeper, then do what thou wilt. However, tearing into a dash like this isn't for the faint of heart. You can really screw things up! Resale will probably take a hit too. I'd never buy a used car that had major dash rework like that - just sayin.

It is cool to have for sure, and if you have mad skills and don't give a whit about resale, then go for it! A Tesla screen would be cool too...

OP
OP
BLUSTEED

BLUSTEED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT Convertible with Performance Pack
Thanks all. My car is definitely a keeper, so going to give this serious consideration. My extended warranty runs 2 more years; I want to make sure this wouldn't interfere. Seems so straightforward an install I don't see why it should. Not in a rush- will post again on this if I finally decide to pull the trigger.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Thanks all. My car is definitely a keeper, so going to give this serious consideration. My extended warranty runs 2 more years; I want to make sure this wouldn't interfere. Seems so straightforward an install I don't see why it should. Not in a rush- will post again on this if I finally decide to pull the trigger.
I did the digital cluster install on my 18 2 years ago and it was pretty easy. Just be careful pulling the center dash out and not break any clips. Watch as many videos as you can and take your time. Best mod I’ve done to the car yet.

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
I'd just take the cake you were going to spend and put it down on a new(er) model that has what you want.

If the car is a keeper, then do what thou wilt. However, tearing into a dash like this isn't for the faint of heart. You can really screw things up! Resale will probably take a hit too. I'd never buy a used car that had major dash rework like that - just sayin.

It is cool to have for sure, and if you have mad skills and don't give a whit about resale, then go for it! A Tesla screen would be cool too...
Really not as much destruction as you think. The kit has all new parts And the finished product is undetectable unless you rip the dash out again.

Now the objectionable part is a little cutting that can’t be seen. I would say worth it if that is all you want from 18 on up. Check out the vid below.

If they had this kit when I had my 15 then I might still be in it as the 18 -21 really came alive with this feature.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Why not just get a new car?

Hell, they're giving them away in this area.

https://www.koonsfordfallschurch.com/new/Ford/2020-Ford-Mustang-7148f0450a0e0adf65b8851d2a9fc009.htm
Sponsored