Sponsored

Infotainment and HVAC no power

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, D1 Procharger Stage 2
After installing my turbo kit, my stereo and HVAC has no power. The stereo screen powers on and I can control volume with steering wheel only. The volume and tune buttons do not work. None of the heated/cooled seat buttons work, AC and Heat does not work, toggles for drive mode and steering do not work. Only the start button and hazard toggle has power. None of the buttons even light up. I do have a CEL for HVAC control module cannot communicate. But I don't believe the module is bad. Also, I read that when the HVAC module loses connection, the car defaults to low heat and that is what is happening. The fan is blowing heat on low so it's getting hot now that it's summer.

Obviously, I thought it was a fuse. But I checked all fuses and they are all good. Does anyone have any idea where else I should start looking? Does anyone know where the HVAC control module is or how to test it? I'm going to test all the wires for power to the face plate and see if any have power.

This is the last issue I have and my car will be perfect. Twin turbos on e85 are wicked. I have full suspension and drive train upgrades. Exedy stage 3 clutch so I'm ready to drop the hammer and try to run 9's. But I nee
Thanks in advance for all the great help.
Sponsored

OP
OP

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Come on guys, somebody has to know something about how HVAC and stereo works. lol. I know you are out there.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
May try the FI section. Doesn't that turbo kit move a lot of the electrical stuff around? Betting something is still unplugged somewhere.

OP
OP

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
May try the FI section. Doesn't that turbo kit move a lot of the electrical stuff around? Betting something is still unplugged somewhere.
Hi Zelek, yeah, I had to move the fuse box and ECU, but none of the fuses were moved. I'll check in the FI group.

Thanks
Sponsored