Improved Notifications

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Not sure if this was discussed or not, but I looked through the 3 pages on this section and didn't find anything.

Is there a notification setting I am overlooking that shows notifications when a post is "Thanked" or if someone quotes a post by you it shows in a notification? I searched through the settings and could not find anything similar. In a previous forum I used this made it easy to respond to quoted posts and see your thanked posts as well.
Sponsored

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
There is no notification setting for "Thanks" but you can view them in your User Profile under the Statistics tab. From there you can choose either "All Thanked Posts" or "All Posts Thanked" by you. Enabling notifications for this would be overkill IMO.

Side note: there are notifications when someone "mentions" you using @Username (i.e. [MENTION=21584]Zelek[/MENTION]). You can find this in the "your notifications" link located next to your avatar.

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Update:

We have added "New Post Quotes" in your notifications tab and user profile, right under the Mentions. It will show all posts that have quoted you and applies to all quoted posts from this moment forward, not retroactive.

Emails are still disabled for this function.

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
I would be fine with having Mentions and Quotes if they didn't show up as Private Messages, which they definitely are not.
Sponsored